Combines gleaner settings

prariedog

thanks for the sugg. so far. i've printed them off for reference. in regard to walker plugging, it isn't cobs, they pack full with silks and leaves and small stalk pieces there is a wire running between the walker ''squares'' is this rightIJ also where does one find AGCO bars for $650 what i priced was lOTS!!!! more thanks again I'll keep checking back for more tips from the GlEANER PROS.

prariedog

thanks 4 the suggs so far i printed all off for future refrencethe walkers are not plugged w_cobs they are packed w_silks and leaves there are wires dividing squares is that rightIJIJIJIJIJIJ where do you find $650 agco barsIJIJIJIJIJIJ what i priced were lOTTTS!!!!!!!! higher i will keep checking backw_the Gleaner Pros thanks

cliff

recentley purchased an 84 N6 and I am having difficulty with the wind settings mainly in canola and mustard. The recomended settings are much too high and even in wheat if I use the recomended settings it will blow everything out the back. There is mention of a small grains kit. What does it consist of and is it the answerIJ The capacity is much reduced in canola and mustard as it feels like there is a wrap problem on the rotor. Is this normalIJ

wolf

how do you set this combine to thresh the flax out of the ballsIJ Ihad rasp bars in the concave and switched them to channel bars. This helped a little but still left quite a bit unthreshed The concave is straight and tight. Also Iwould like any added info on setting it for other crops such as barley,canola,oats and if anyone has any tips or tricks to help me with this machine I would appreciate them as I really like the machine for ease in repairs and cost.

Trent

I have never ran a K in wheat and i'm setting it up the first time. Does anyone have any experience with the settings in Ray Stueckle's books (zero concave clearance with cylinder not over .030 out of round) vs. gleaner operators manual 1_8 to 1_2 inch.

RogerH

We run (amidst a neghborhood of green) and l2 and a l3 Gleaner. And they run well!

Shade_Tree_Mechanical

I've seen bits and pieces on Sunflowers but would love a header to sieve picture on what works. Have a Gleaner KKS. What header options are there for this combine in sunflowers (parent seed stock for hybrids)-- this means multiple head sizes from one field to the next as well as SMAll fields ;-) I know about pan headers but am concerned these will let small heads pass. Also know about JD row crop header. can this work on a Gleaner KIJ Too much troubleIJ Should I stick with a grain headerIJ If so, can I build (buy) an enlarged bat real to keep stalks from falling forwardIJ Would milo style guard extensions be any helpIJ This is harvesting in California where weather is not much concern. Threshing worked well last year on small test plots following selective hand harvest of heads for decorative use and losses were mostly in heads not getting into the header or wrapping on reel rather than seed loss from the heads. Row spacings this year are all 30". Thanks,

Deano

Does anyone have any suggestions for setting a MH2 to cut fall wheatIJ I just bought this combine and it didn't have a manual with it so I'm kinda in the dark.ThanksDean

Bill

Have trouble with plugging the return elevator with clean grain,when going uphill. Any suggestions would be helpfull.