Combines gleaner settings

mo_farm

check out the photo's of Wade Mitchells N7 in the photographs. Thats what a turrent should look like on a gleaner!

dcs

I installed an airfoil chaffer in my l3 which I bought last year, and ran for the first time. I had some suggestions as to where to start with the settings, but was finding a lot of chaff on the chaffer and some canola coming out. Unfortunately the pacer monitor was not working (any working experience with these - there were many bare wires at the pickup monitors which I've fixed but it still doesn't work) and I had no one to walk behind the combine while it was moving to collect a good sample. Setting the sieve for a clean sample seemed to throw too much onto the return. I was running about 1.25" or more clearance on the concave and about 2.5 - 3 on the wind setting. Although the canola pods were all shattered, some of the canola (1 seed at most) seemed to be stuck in the pod and carried out the back. Do I need more wind and less concave clearanceIJ Any tips on better performance without loss and chaffer setting. The air foil chaffer is adjustable. I read a Canadian PAMI highlight report that tested the l3 some time back. They found it difficult to set the l3 in canola as well. Also, has anyone devised a reverser for the l3. I was plugging the 13' pickup auger far too often. You should have seen my shins from slipping on the auger. I will be checking the clutch on the auger this summer before threshing.

prairiedog

wasn't there a machiney diccussion board with the same format and posting on the net before. what has happened to it or how do i find it backIJ thanks

wayl

i was wondering what the settings are for an F gleaner 18ft header i would like the settings for wheat and beans please reply

nick

I have a 1999 r-42 that i haven't used yet and was wondering about the setup and upgrades. It has every other wire removed from the cage, that's the only thing that has been done to it. I need to know how to set the feed drum blocks and speed. Are the extended bars necessary and can I install them myselfIJ How expensive are theyIJ Thanks for your help.

Ed

pickup and beater wont work. i determined it was the beater clutch. we adjusted ring out, now runs slow. tryed to adjust it more and wont let it engage at all.

haweater

I am looking for advice on setting up my K for improved performance. We turned the cylinder bars this year and will be replacing concaves. I can't seem to get any speed out of the machine before we get cylinder wows or overloaded shoe. We are harvesting barley in the 80-100 bushel range.

mr_slug

I have upgraded my combine from an E to an F. The "F" is a corn and soybean special with a 430 head. I would like to find out what others have found out about the settings for the "F". Number of concaves and location, fan and cylinder speed, adjustable screen setting, etc.

mr_slug

I have recently aquired a Gleaner "F" corn and soybean special and have been working on it repairing and painting to get ready for corn season. My steering linkage rod was bent so I went to the combine salvage yard and looked at many "F" combines. The serial number is SKS 13120. Combines with 10000 and 16000 numbers rods are about 3 inches longer than mine. The parts manual doesn't mention a break in numbers. Does anyone know what difference is IJIJ

ohiogleaner

Am running an N5 with 20' head in soybeans this year. First time with a rotary. Need help with the settings. Thanks.