Combines F3 slugs

trent

To keep walkers from plugging on my model K, gleaner makes a "corn screen" that goes under the openings to make the spaces about half size. I'm not sure about the F3, you can check parts book. Are you using a corn chafferIJ

Hyper_Harvest_II

Prairie Dog, Welcome to the world of Gleaners.You have made a good choice in brands.Your question reguarding cylinder bars.Are the leading edge of all the cylinder bar teeth rounded to about half of the tooth or moreIJIf so,you either need to turn the cylinder bars or if they have been turned,you will need to replace them.If you need to replace them,I would suggest going with AGCO's aggressive wide space cylinder bars for green stem or weedy soybeans and corn.(Price $650.00)Also check your concave bars that are bolted to the rockdoor and under the cylinder for wear.This machine does not have a open style concave so these two items are critical in getting a good thresh.As for the cobs plugging the walkers I agree with Trent,you need to have cob screens attached to the bottom side of the waffles of the walkers.(Part n71303430 8 required)

tbran

Helps for F3. Make sure your header is feeding properly. See general forum for suggestions previously given as most flex headers are the same. Check your feeder beater finger setting. fingers are adjsutable and if they retract too late they can lift crop and bunch it before cyl. grabs in slugs. Is your cyl levelIJ Are your concave bars wornIJ We use half rounds (70559226) in position 3 and 5 with a channel in the door for wheat and hard to thresh soybeans. Use all half rounds for corn. lapped filler bars are a must for high moist. corn. We have seen these lapped bars left in for beans as long as rpm is below 750. lapp bars add inertia but may cut capacity in tall beans. Be carefull of too wide a concave clearence, wider isn't always higher capacity. Make sure you have 25 or 30 tooth spkt. on lh cyl. to speed up threasher beater. Tie up metal curtain over raddle in all but wheat. Walker screens (71303430 or 71181075) WIllfix walkers. In high yield corn or 6 row head auger speed up kit is necessary. long finger top screen is right on. Engine rpm is rated at 2300. check fan shaft(make sure sep. clutch is not slipping) at high idle no load and it must be 1050 to 1100. A speed of 900 will cut capacity 50%. Most important though is your cylinder bars. The oem hard surfaced ones are best. ( they were avail. as origional equip. option) If you place a premium on corn quality though, stay away from hard surfaced bars.(i.e. white corn or popcorn) Shop around for the bars you need. There are many aftermarkets avail to match your need. Just make sure the bars are the wide spaced options. We have seen manyproperly set up F2-3's " eat the lunch" of many much larger combines. It is a great BIG lil' combine. ..tbran