Combines Cob breakup

Dan

Jeff, I'm not in heavy duty corn country but I'll suggest a few things. High wire thresher concaves, third helical from gearbox extended over corner of feeder opening, half height cylinder bars in seperator side, extended cylinder bars at least to dischage shute, seperator grate covered with cage type covers for lower yealding dry corn or Hypers modified seperator grate (may have to post in general topic to grab there attention quicker). For a quicker time being fix I would open chaffer to prevent loss and then tweak down sieve for good sample. Be carefull not to overload right side of shoe if tailings are set to standard return of the dual return. May want to ask question of narrow spaced cylinder bars in corn (if you still have them installed) and or some other chaffer or sieve that might work better for you. Can't tell you what the guys are doing in bu. per hr. but they normally drive as fast as the head can do a good job. 830 is the biggest head around here for there just isn't the acres. Good luck. Dan