Combines Settings For Model E combine

tbran

Sorry, over looked this. You need a 21 or 26 toothh sprocket on the cyl for 1000+ rpm.Cyl setting at about 1_4" for starters. Make sure you are getting out of the head. If you are cracking remember its usually speed that cracks. Slow her down atr little say 100 rpm on the cyl and try again. I am assuming you have the little lever out there as a variable speed drive. I like the walkers set at mid position un less you are in hill sides then I like the outside walkers set almost alway forward. The top screen should be at 1_2" and the bottom close enough that you start getting clean grain over the tailings you can see to your right , then open it up a little at a time to eliminate all but just a seed or two every now an then through the tails. The air is tough. Now enough will result in coating the shoe and "walking" the seed out - too much will blow it out. You really need a buddy to walk behind or put someone else in the seat and walk behind. You need just enough air to cause a little "rooster tail" effect of chaff being lifted right at the end of the chaffer but not enought to cause seed to be seen coming out. Remember the seed will fall out first and you can easily see it below the chaff if you have loss. If you need more info email and I will try to help. Oh yeah watch the air pattern left to right as well. On these machines to fine tune them you will have to walk on both sides and observe air flow as I have had to open the left side about a 1_2 more than the right for some reason on quited a few machine. Don't know why just did. Have a great day. Tim