Combines Settings for R72 in flax

NDDan

We did have some flax around hear awhile back. We installed small or light seed kit but ended up leaving them open. Can't remember settings but wasn't to hard to get working well. You may want to consider cutting first few louvers on front of chaffer loose so you can run wider and get most of the material droped down right away. I've heard good reports on that for lots of crops but havn't had to monkey much with that hear. We would install a 5" or 6" tall dam across fan intake before we would install light seed kit for Flax. We have had to use light seed kit but mainly for something as light as bluegrass. Good luck

80stech

Under no circumstances try to use the small seeds kit. Open the chaffer completely, and I mean all the way. I don't have my settings book with me but I think wind was between 2-3. I did remember that last year I had a bit of a problem with flax leaking over rubber curtain at the front of the seive. Wonder if anyone else has noticed thisIJ

80stech

Almost forgot, VERY important. Put chaff deflector on the lowest setting. This keeps the air pressure over the seives a lot more even especially on windy days!

chucky

hi I have an R5 1986 gleaner Iwould like to Know how to set it up for flax It seems to blow alot on the ground is this common for a roteryIJ