Combines White 2600 R62

NowGleaner7

Matt, Are the beans short or are you in a grass situationIJ If you get even feeding you never plug the feeder house. Is your crop bunchingIJ We use to do this with the reel before we got the air reel which has eliminated that problem. When we were in edibles or short beans we ran felt bats on our reels (every other row) which kept it feeding evenly. Some on here have had good success with the pipe behind the cutterbar. As I said before the air reel has solved all of this. Another possibility is a weak clutch or slipping belt allowing your feederhouse to slow down and your crop will drag. later Dave

Misplaced_in_AZ

They are normal height beans, and there isn't any grass. They are feeding great into the feeder house...but are getting bunched up in front of the rotor. We also have an air-reel. I checked the belt...it seemed to be alright but maybe we might have to just replace it. Thanks for the help. Matt

NowGleaner7

Matt, Do you have the wedge with the helical extension over the left side of the feeder opening and do you have the hump kit on the stone door or do you have the sump. Do you have any or all of the hyper modsIJ ND Dan would be a good one to help you if the other site could be posted on. I have a R65 and most of the mods are on it.

Misplaced_in_AZ

Dave... We don't have any hyper mods on this machine (this is our first Gleaner) and I just found this discussion board so we had no idea these types of mods were available. We don't have the hump kit on the stone door, so I assume we have a sump. Is the helical extension that you are asking about the same one that is suggested as a ModIJ At times, the wad of beans comes right out of the feeder house and sometimes it takes about 20-30 seconds running in reverse to come out. I am looking at a cut away picture and see that there are 2 feeder house chains...a lower and an upper. Could the beans be getting wadded up because the upper chain isn't picking them up to take them to the rotorIJ Most of the guys that run Gleaners around the area say they have the same issue and have to back out, reverse feeder house and run it forward again. So the dealer_mechanic doesnt know how to fix this issue. Thanks again Matt

NowGleaner7

Matt, First I would check my rasp bars (threshing section) to make sure they are not wore badly. Which helicals do you have and are they wore badlyIJ The wedge piece is to prevent the crop wrapping around your rotor and some of the crop feeding back into the left corner of your feeder house chain ( can make it or get it from dealer). You can have a rock door without a hump kit and this kit can be purchased from your dealer but you first have to determine if you have the sump or rock door. The sump in the CIH have been a problem feeding so I can see where they could be on a Gleaner. If you have a sump you can improve this with fingers over it as well, I believe. Yes you can get back feeding between chains if it is set up wrong but is the rotor slugging from uneven feedingIJ I have combined all day and never use the reverser and times I have a problem it is on a corner or somewhere it has bunched at the knife. I set the blocks for both the front and back drum in the high position for soys and corn. In soys I put a spacer to stop the upward movement of the stop in the front drum so if it ever plugs it happens at the front drum. Do you have a divider in the front feeder houseIJ Have you had trouble with your chains jumping a cogIJ Do you have the shocks installedIJ The R62's in our area are not having this problem so it has to be fixable. later Dave