Combines gleaner mods

Ken

Have 77 l2 with Trimpe cylinder bars and hard surface concave. Under difficult conditions, it is not doing a good job opening all soybean pods. Has anybody have any experience with line board concaves after market (Sunnybrook)IJ Does anybody know if Sunnybrook or any other manufacturer makes a cylinder for the l GleanerIJ This is my only dissatisfaction with machine. Do I have to go to rotary to eliminate this problemIJ

Art

What are the pro's and con's of the return to cylinder mod. for an N7IJ mine returns to accelerator rolls. We harvest wheat, barley, once in a awhile safflower or canola. We had to run pretty fast this year(1090 or 1050) to get grain to thrash. Concave and bars are in good shape. Thanks for the comments. Art

Dennis

I think I need new cylinder bars on a 94 R62 custom cutter special . Is gleaner the best place to get them or can I save money and get the same quality else where . I will be harvesting 700 acres of wheat 500 corn 200 sorgum next year at what point of wear would they need changed.

farmer_joe

who makes hump kits for R50,sIJ AgcoIJ and where can I GET one for my R50 in PA THANKS farmer joe

Brent

I'm going to be installing a FieldStar yield monitor and GPS system in an R62. Any tips or suggestionsIJ Brent

venturis40

does anyone know of an aftermarket lateral tilt setup for my n7 also does anyone have any numbers on crop loss reduction

Gleaner_Guy

Anyone really like their N-R 6, but really hate the"HarveyHand Grenade" 670I engineIJ I have two of them withholes in the block. They don't run very smooth on 5cylinders, and all that oil on the engine deck is sureslick and messy. As a result I repowered with 855 Cumminsengines. Bottom line, Mega torque, better fuel economy, more reliability while turning my N6 into an N8! Besidesall this, it cost less than a new 670I. I have developed a conversion kit for the water cooled machines. Am working on a kit for the Duetz machines. Any one inter-ested, let me know.

Joe_A

I am new to this site,first post from me so please bear with me.I have a 95 R52 and am having problems with front feederhouse chain.At least once per year chain will ride up on right drum ring.When this happens,get ready,it is slat replacment time.I read here of a different drum ring.Is this what i need or do i need to look elsewhere for the problemIJthe chain is kept set per ops manual.The chain was also reslatted before start of corn harvest.Any and all help will be appreciated.By the way,i am in western ky.and the machine does corn,beans,and wheat.

scuffla

could someone please fill me in as to where i can get all the hyperize details from.

silverluv

Have been having trouble with a 98 R-62 with cleaning light chaff out of soybeans. It seems to get threshed pods in the hopper. Combined 2000 acres and did not have any trouble until the last 500. It was cleans really good until about 4:30 in the afternoon then the hopper starts to get a little dirty. By 8:00 the hopper is half pods. I seem to be over loading the shoe. But I think that I do not have enough wind coming from under the chaffer to help blow the light pods out. I had heard that the there is an update for the 96 and newer machines that relocates the splitter to alow more push from under the chaffer. I was wondering if this could be my problem. If I slow the rotor down to 450 it helps some, but I end up shutting the chaffer down to almost 3_8". Then by doing that then I start to ride beans out the back end. Also have a 95 with the short shoe and do not have any problems, rotor at 580 and chaffer at 3_4". I just don't feel that the is enough air coming from below allowing the pods to fall through. Thanks