Combines gleaner mods

silverluv

Have been having trouble with a 98 R-62 with cleaning light chaff out of soybeans. It seems to get threshed pods in the hopper. Combined 2000 acres and did not have any trouble until the last 500. It was cleans really good until about 4:30 in the afternoon then the hopper starts to get a little dirty. By 8:00 the hopper is half pods. I seem to be over loading the shoe. But I think that I do not have enough wind coming from under the chaffer to help blow the light pods out. I had heard that the there is an update for the 96 and newer machines that relocates the splitter to alow more push from under the chaffer. I was wondering if this could be my problem. If I slow the rotor down to 450 it helps some, but I end up shutting the chaffer down to almost 3_8". Then by doing that then I start to ride beans out the back end. Also have a 95 with the short shoe and do not have any problems, rotor at 580 and chaffer at 3_4". I just don't feel that the is enough air coming from below allowing the pods to fall through. Thanks

bubba

Can some one tell me the pros and cons about a N's R5,6,7's and the R40,50,60, and 70's. We currently have a 6600 with about 4,000 engine hours and we are looking at Gleaners. I have no experiance with them and i don't know what one to get and wich one not to get. I also don't know what year of a machine to get. Thanks to any that can help.

silverluv

Was going to install some cage rasp bars on a R-62 in the seperator grate that I saw on the "Tips" page and was wondering if they are to be install directly on top of the separator grate. Also was wondering if anybody has installed them on an adjustable grate on the newer machines.

tim

We have a 93 R62 and R72 my dealer tells me there was a change over kit to put biger aircleaners on them I was wondering if that helpet for not plugging them we clean our asperaters all of the time

Hyperized_l3

If anyone has a chopper or spreader for sale that will fit an l3 please reply

small_fry

pulley that drives hy pump how is on shaft bearing out. how is belt tighten for hy pump

Magnum_Silver

looking for a better performing chopper for R62-72. Please E-mail for pic's to see the difference.

jackshaft

does it help to extend the helicals futher into the discharge area, it's on a R5 with a P1 rotor

FarmerJo

I had alot of corn go down in a storm at the end of July and I have been thinking about using a light bar to keep me from going crazy combining the twisted up corn. Has anyone had experience with this type of guidanceIJ

bull_hauler

Has any one done any hyperizing to an l3 gleaner to make them perform better. I haven't run mine yet but was wondering what could use improveing. Recently installed 9 bar modified loewen concave and new loewen raddle chains. The loewen chains have a 1" square tubing welded to the chain instead of the z-bar like the factory chains, does any one know if the work as wellIJ Thanks for any advice.