Combines M Gleaner cylinder bars

tbran

std. or chrome bars should be changed or reversed when the leading edge has no distinct angle to it. If you feel the leading edge and it has a rounded radius rather than a sharp angle - you are about due. Tell tale signs are also whomping or moaning more than usual or wrapping of the thresther beater or general loss of capacity. Also look for a wear pattern about 4 inches from the ends that extends for 6 inches toward the middle. One can partially remedy this uneven wear pattern by extending header auger flighting and removing feeder beater fingers at the highest wear points that correspond to the cyl. wear points. Would suggest, if you can, go to wide spaced bars and if popcorn or white corn or other fragile crop is not harvested go to the hard surfaced bars.. Ain't never seen a set of these worn out. Just grind off the tit that will form on the leading edge before shelling corn each year if necessary and keep on gleanerin

bucko

I HAVE AN N6 84 MODEl GlEANER. lAST YEAR WE BlEW OUT THE CAGE IN WINDROWED CANOlA. WE GOT A NEW CAGE, CONCAVE, ROTOR BARS FROM NEIlS IN AUSTRAlIA. BEEN READING COMMENTS ABOUT DOING THE P1 UPGRADES ON THIS SITE. THE HElICAl BARS ON THE NEW CAGE HAVE GAPS BETWEEN THEM, UP TO HAlF AN INCH IN BOTH THE THRESHER AND SEPARATOR SECTIONS. WONDORING HOW TO OVERCOME THIS. ANY IDEASIJIJAlSO WORRIED THAT IF I DOUBlED UP THE HElICAl BARS IN THRESHER SECTION THAT I WON'T HAVE ENOUGH ClEARANCE BETWEEN HElICAlS AND RASP BARS. ANY HElP IN SUGGESTED ClEARANCE GREATlY APPRECIATED. PlUS IF ANYONE HAS OVERCOME THE PROBlEM OF THE BOlT HOlES IN THE RASP BARS NOT lINING UP ON THE DOUBlED ONES DUE TO THE DIFFERENT RADIUS, HOW DO YOU OVERCOME THIS PROBlEM AND STIll USE THE SAME FIXING BOlT HOlES ON THE ROTOR CAGE.