Combines N R series repower

John_W

WHECO in Pasco Wa is already selling a kit to install Cummins engines in Gleaner combines. No welding, uses existing mounting holes ect. The number I have for them is 800-348-2414 or www.business-link.com_wheco

Gleaner_Guy

Yes, Wheco sell a kit, but it is to install an8.3 liter Cummins engine. This engine is not very much more engine than the orig-inal 670I engine. If you can find a used oneit will probably cost you $4-5K, plus the cost of converting it to stationary use. The 855's are readily available at a VERY reson-able cost, $4-5K rebuilt and ready to bolton. Besides they can be set to any horse-power, and will far out perform ANY engineGleaner ever put on any of their combines,including the current models. So why takea knife to a gun fightIJ

Art

Only problem I see is that split shaft through the center of the combine. Dealer told me it isn't supposed to handle more than about 270hp. How do you think it would handle the hp and torque of a 855-even turned downIJ lots of torque in those 855's even turned down.

MCA

Could you please include more information on repowering Gleaner N-R series combines to Cummins 855 or other such engines. I would like to know about performace, ease of change over, kits available, ecomomics, weight differences and any other aspect a grower should be aware of. If you have a kit for sale (or know of one that is available) please include phone number_website so I may contact them directly Thanks much Gleaner Talk Show