Combines Swithing brands

gleaner1

buy a versatile(buhler) or steiger(case),those are real 4wd's

Harvester

Great idea, and I'm with you 100%. It would maybe considered tough love, but I think AGCO should quit the orange paint and make MF the AGCO brand in North America, as well as Challenger. Have all of the orange dealers left switch to MF (difficult and there would be complaining in the beginning) and put all of your resources into rebuilding and restoring the image of a company with tremendous heritage - MF. Rather than try to introduce a new name, AGCO, on everything, stick with MF - people know it, it just needs to be stronger in brand recognition in North America. If I were you, I'd get AGCO's attention by buying a new MT900 Challenger and painting it red, keeping the chassis gray. Make it look like the new combines (like that color scheme). Put MF decals on it and take pictures.

gleanermanitoba

I agree with you as well. I run Gleaners now and do like them but the whole Agco_Massey_Gleaner_Challenger_Fendt_Valtra thing is frustrating. A few years ago we were looking at getting a Massey swather and Gleaner combine but no extra discount from Agco as they were different brands, both Acgo but not the same color. At least they have streamlined the lineup as of late a bit. I am aware there will be those who hate Massey_Gleaner_Hesston_Willmar or any other of Agcos brands. Why doesnt Agco make Agco dealers that can sell any make or model within its product line then if you want it Grey,Red,Yellow,or Orange then you can. Sure there is a cost to swithing paint colors, but not that much, seems to me there is more cost to tryng to run sepreate entities within one organization. For parts etc keep a common chassis_powertrain color then parts are easier to stock and when sheet metal or pannels are needed then you can order color specific, I can run for a few days with a damaged pannel. Just my opinion but that is what sets Case and Deere apart in my mind you want it they have it. I also realize in some areas you may have 2 locations selling Acgo, in those areas it may be more difficult to arange something but you never know what can be aranged.

Guy_C

I remember when the AgcoStar came out and they refused to paint them red and we all know what happened to it,the same thing is going to happen to the the new four wheeled challenger.Just read on another forum that Finning which is a huge Cat dealer just dropped the Challenger line,I'm sure there will be more doing the same thing,thier just not interested.

kid

A good option for AGCO might of been to purchase Buhler. That would of provided the MF dealers with a very good line of articulating tractors. AGCO does not see the big picture. Sell articulates at cost or low margin and sell 50% more combines and high hp tractors to the professional producers, that would then see AGCO as a mainline. I think the end MF combines in the farmers eyes was when they quit building the 4000`s.

hv_user

I know what you are saying about the 4wd we should have a RED one.Just take your 4880 repower it with a 450 hp Cat go through the trany and axels put on some paint and you still have the best 4wd on the market. Or try a 8480 I think it could do alot. good luck

Illinois_Gleaner

General Motors: Chevrolet GMC Cadillac Saturn Buick Saab Hummer Why do they do itIJIJIJIJ

AGCOfan

First they'd have to buy out Rostselmash who owns 80% of Buhler. Give it time. You'll see a red CAT. Take care, Nathan

Cutter

CAT dealers will not permit the AGCO or any other dealer to perform warranty repairs. CAT has empowered its dealers with the right of first refusal for support of CAT powered (engines) and driven (transmissions) products within their trade area. Even if an AGCO dealer were to take on the Cat powered Challenger line, the CAT dealers will still have to work on the engines and tranny, especially because they share a common sump between the hydraulic system and transmission.