Combines John Deere

allen

well i would be sad to hear of your trading combines, but thats your choice though, allen

kid

I know most AGCO dealers are selling Buhler tractors. They have a tough dependable tractors like your MF 4000's. I know in some instances AGCO will give a xtra discount on the combines to keep your business.

riceman

We run Massey combines, CIH 4x4's, Massey row crop tractors, JD planting stuff and DMI, Sunflower, and Krause tillage stuff. Why does everything you own have to come from the same companyIJ IIRC Agco is painting almost the entire lineup in red and badging it as Massey. Is that not caringIJ I'm not saying its the right thing to do but I know I could go out and buy a Massey drill, disk, haybaler or planter right now and have everything in MF red.

RJT

Same thing happened to me 2 years ago. I was all Massey and Gleaner and had been for over 40 years. I was going to trade for one comebine and 2 tractors, but they changed everything. No more volume discount for 3 units, plus they expected I should pay $10,000 more to get the combine because my dealer didn't have a certificate entitleing him to that discount on it. I even talked to the guys in Duluth Georgia, to no avail. You guessed it. I now have 2 John Deere tractors and a John Deere combine and am working on the 2nd combine and 2 more tractors. Here in Mn they have eliminated my closest MF dealers and canceled one of the 2 Gleaner dealers I had. I was one of their best customers in Mn and they would'nt do anything to help me stay with them. I don't mind haveing only to go 5 miles for parts at John Deere rather than 70- 200 for MF, but I too feel rather sad watching my MF's go down the road after all these years. As a stock holder in AGCO I feel like going to the annual meeting and raising ____, but it would be a waist of time.

Deerebines

Guy Was you wanting us to pass the hat for donations for a box of Kleenex or would my shoulder doIJ You know, a multi color operation isn't exactly grounds for Harry Karry. There there, It'll be fine. Ebay sells massey emblems and decals everyday. let the kids attach them on the machine. It will make it more unique that way. *Grin*