Combines 9895 is here

Guy_C

Congrats,my neighbour has one and can,t stop talking about it,they are one beautiful combine.

riceman

100 bushel wheat: running 35 foot flex around 4-4.5mph with near zero loss. I could go faster but we can't get trucks back fast enough. This is the best wheat we've ever cut. The 8780 running a 30 footer can only go around 3mph in it. This wheat crop is at least 3 to 4 times as good as last years freeze crop. Combine is great. Cat's got gobs of power and is smooth as silk. No comparison between it and the 9790 with the Cummins it replaced. A_C is iceberg cold in 95 degree weather. The Fieldstar2 takes some getting used to but its easier and does much more than the original Fieldstar. Header is awesome too. No vibration from the sickle whatsoever. The SCH drive and knife is the way to go on any color machine. We got the Orbit reel and it works like a dream. Just cutting wheat now and it does help but I can see that its really going to pay for itself in short beans this fall.

hv_user

Sounds like its doing a great job was wondering how you have it set upIJAre you using a air foil chaffer,rotor speed,concave and windIJ thanks

riceman

600-650 rotor concave is on .10-.20 depending on the amount or ryegrass_cheat we have. Not much but its heavy in a few spots that I opened it up a bit to let the straw go on through the machine. 1100-1150 fan Top screen is set wide open and bottom is around 1_2 way open. Its 25 and 12 on the monitor. Not running an air foil, just the rice sieves that are factory. We put the wire kit in the concave and have the front section blanked off completely. We were getting too many whitecaps and bits of unthreshed heads. The wires and blanks fixed 90% of that problem. Speeding up and keeping the rotor full fixed the rest. Its taking a little getting used to that bigger rotor and a lot more power. I was running around 5mph this afternoon and had more capacity than we had empty trucks or carts. Cart man said I was working him to death!

Illinois_Gleaner

I just got my A85 and I am running a 40ft Macdonn draper on it. Our wheat is still not ripe,as it has alot of green in the straw. I was running 3.7 with it in our wheat. You say you are running your rotor at 650 IJIJIJ I was running at 1000. How dry is your wheat when you were cutting itIJ Thanks, IG

Silver_Shoes

Can you guys post over on newagtalk.com and get photos taken also. I would very much like to see and hear about your new machines.

riceman

Moisture was around 12-13%. Pretty dry and it was hulling fairly easy. As I was told from Mr. Massey combine himself, that rotor is just bigger and the settings will be different than what you are used to. If it was tough I was running it up to 650-670 and in the heat of the day I could slow down to around 600 and be just getting it! You should be able to run faster than 3.7 with a draper, even if it is 5 feet bigger than my auger head. Our wheat made anywhere from 60-100 with an overall average of the low 80's. In our worst field I was running 5.5-6mph. Run your fan wide open, top screen wide open, rotor around 650 to start and see where you are at. I had to put in the concave wire kit and 2 filler plates on the front concaves to get it to hull out the small bits of broken heads. I plan on leaving the wires in for milo and maybe rice if it works. We strip our rice so its not much threshing and there's an awful lot of wires to pull out. I imagine they will have to come out for soybeans.

Illinois_Gleaner

I got into some dry wheat today. I could run 5 to 5.3 in the dry wheat. All the wheat I had cut before had green straw and testing 16 to 17. I love the draper so far,if it cuts it off it just feeds in so smooth. Its a hog. Our wheat was in the 50 to 80 bu range. I was running to fast on the rotor I guess. I will slow it down tomorrow,if we dont get another flood. IG

riceman

How did your wheat harvest go IGIJ What settings did you wind up usingIJ

Illinois_Gleaner

The wheat harvest was OK. I didnt have much 220 acres. I cut ruts in the fields. I was having trouble with my rear motor wanting to close my sieve. Not a good thing. I had to unhook it. It is set on one thing and the monitor is reading something else. Got any answers to thatIJ I got a update letter in the mail today.Service bulletin:FC6889. Do you know what this pertains toIJ IG