Combines 8780 WHEAT FEEDING PROBlEM

riceman

How is your fingers and auger flighting extensions set upIJ Moisture of the straw has a lot to do with it as well.

hitchpin

Having that same problem!!!! Took the little flighting extensions off in the middle of the auger.....helped alittle. Somebody said that maybe our feeder house chain is to far into the headerIJ

hv_user

I have the fingers set so the ajustment arm is amost all the way forword and I took of the center flightings.

JERRY

The rust in the head seems to cause part of the problem but that is only an observation based on a small improvement as the head shines up. We have waxed some of the rusty areas to speed up the process. We are planning to wax or paint the key areas of the head after harvest to see if we can reduce the poor feeding for next time. We do not have a head manual for the model 8000 head so any adjustment is our best guess. The feeder drum does not seem that deep but do you know how far from the auger it should beIJ We would have to buy chain to extend it out if that is the problem. I would hate to move it out and cause a bigger problem!

northernfarmer

on the 8570s there are adjustments to set the height that the feeder chain runs from the feeder house floor. we have ours set in the bottom spot and have no trouble.. if it is set too high the chain wont pull the grain into the feeder house..