Combines 1020 on 9720IJ

riceman

You may very well be the first person to hang an CIH head on another brand of combine. All of the swaps I've seen involve a Deere head on a red machine. 1020 heads in the 30' size are getting pretty cheap down here. Seen a few in Fastline for $6-8 grand.

RJT

Adam, I only live about 40 miles from you and have posted answers to your questions before. Yes I put a 1020, 30' on my 9720 in 1990 and ran it for about 5 years before going to a Gleaner. Several other guys up here looked at mine and copied the adapter plate I made for it. The Case IH shop foreman in Willmar at the time told me he had put them on White 8920's at the time because the sensors matched up with the White electronic header controls. While I don't have my machine any more I do have a picture of it hanging in my shop with the 1020 on it. I also had a Crary air reel on the 1020 and ran that off the big right angle gear box up on the right side of the cab and piped the air out to the end of the header. I sold the 9720 and the 1020 to Roger Strom south west of Soiux Falls around 1996. In addition to the addapter plate you will have to come up with a White hydraulic reel drive pump and tank to turn the reel. We ran that off a chain and sprocket from one end of the feeder house. Getting the right angle or tilt on the adapter plate took a couple of tries so that the header would cut properly. Any questions call me 320-523-1099 Ron