Combines 8560

looking

We run a 8570. No real complaints. Simple machine. easy to work on most things. As with any color look how much the augers are worn or any place the crop might wear it out. We might have ours for sale with 25ft head and 863 CH if we move to a newer machine. Post if interested!

JERRY

Our previous machine was an 8560. Check the adjustable fan pulley. Even when greased regularly it tends to wear and need replacement. check the drive system in the bin for the clean grain elevator. Check the elevator chain tightener sliders. They are too light and the bolts break out. We made heavier replacements. Check the swing auger cylinder where it connects to the auger. It is too light and can crack and need some reinforcing. See if the front beater has been updated. I believe it is called a helical systemIJ but it is well worth the upgrade if is has not been done. You have to remove the elevator and weld new bars to the beater. Check for auger wear, chains, gears etc general wear as suggested by previous poster. Check fan screen bearings and fan belt alignment. Check rotor balance and wear around front cone as well as wear bars and any sign of serious rock damage to cage etc. We had an area in the centre of the shroud around the rotor near the top that we had to reinforce. It is too light and kept flexing and cracking. Take the side inspection doors off and have a good look. Our machine did not have a reverser-not a standard for the machine but I believe is can be added-an excellent option-we have one on our 8780 and love it. Thats all I can think of at the moment. We replaced it when we just had too many acres for this size machine.