Combines massey settings

hpracing

what should I set my fan speed at for corn on my 750 and air deflectionIJ

MKimmel

I lost the book for my Massey 300 combine. Can anyone tell me what the settings are for doing barley or where I might be able to find themIJ Thanks

850pilot

I am combining wheat and having problems with getting unthreshed heads in the hopper. For some reason it does not seem to matter what setting the concave or cylinder speed is at because there is no difference in the result. We set it by the manual and it either blows it out the back or send unthreshed material to the top. Any advice on the proper way to set his machine would be great! ED

m

Does anyone have the one page settings guide of cyclinder speeds, fan speeds, sieves, etc for an 850 Massey F. combineIJ

IAGuy

Having problems with our grey-cab 750 in corn: If we open the back concave to not break the cob, it doesn't take it all off. If we close it to get the corn off, the cobs break and we get a lot of small pieces of cob. Also seems like we get a lot of fines in the corn. The cylinder bars have been replaced recently. What should we adjustIJ

Cookie_Jar

Each year I always start with the initial setting recommended by MF, and then adjust as necessary, as conditions always vary from year to year. My reference is a single laminated MF sheet entitled PROFIT-BOOSTING ADJUSTMENTS FOR MASSEY-FERGUSON COMBINES, publication number 602 AG_5-75_10-5 and C602_570-5-2. It covers adjustments for small grain, soybeans and corn. Here are the initial settings for small Grains (wheat_barely_oats) and Grain Sorghum: Elevator, drum height: Bottom hole for light crops, raise one hole for heavy crops. Concave: Install slotted concave filler bars in wide spaced concave to prevent underthrashing (The illustration shows these filler bars to have vertical bars between each of the wide spaced bars, so you have the equivalent of a narrow-spaced concave). Concave Setting: front: 5_16" Rear: 1_8", grain Sorghum: Front 1_2" Rear: 1_8" Cylinder Speed: 850 to 1000 r.p.m.,grain Soghum: 800 r.p.m. Rear Beater: Use standard, plain vane-type blades. Grain Pan Screen: Use solid front section as furnished with combine. Triple Screen Shoe: Top 1-1_8" screen set 3_8" to 9_16", grain Sorghum: 1_4" Middle 13_16" screen set to 3_8", grain Sorghum: 1_4" Bottom front 13_16" screen set to 9_32" (or 1_8" to 3_16" diameter round hole full length screen),and bottom rear 1-5_8" screen set to 9_16". grain Sorghum: 1_4" front, 1_2" rear Fanning Mill: Adjust deflectors and air speed to keep chaff floating over full length of shoe - will need fan screens for Sorghum. Returns Cylinder and Rethresher: Add or remove channel-type concave sections as required for complete threshing of tailings.

Cookie_Jar

Each year I always start with the initial setting recommended by MF, and then adjust as necessary, as conditions always vary from year to year. My reference is a single laminated MF sheet entitled PROFIT-BOOSTING ADJUSTMENTS FOR MASSEY-FERGUSON COMBINES, publication number 602 AG_5-75_10-5 and C602_570-5-2. It covers adjustments for small grain, soybeans and corn. Ive copied the initial settings for corn: Elevator, drum height: top; heavy corn or trash, down one hole for average crop. Concave: remove filler bars from wide spaced concave, or remove every second wire from narrow-based concave. Concave Setting: front: 7_8" to 1-1_4" Rear: 3_8" to 7_8" Cylinder Speed: 485 to 650 r.p.m. Rear Beater: Use spike-tooth beater blades for better handling of corn shucks and other trash. Grain Pan Screen: Install 3_16" or 1_4" screen to remove dirt, fine chaff and snow before material passes onto shoe. Triple Screen Shoe: Top 1-5_8" screen set to 9_16" , Middle 1-1_8" screen * set to 9_16", bottom front 13_16" screen set to 3_8" (or 5_8" diameter round hole screen) , and bottom rear 1-5_8" screen set to 5_8". (* relocated from top position). This implies that you replace the top screen with a 1-5_8" screen, and move the top screen to the middle position. Fanning Mill: Minimum deflector clearance in front. Direct most of air toward front of shoe - adjust rearward if trash starts piling up on back end. Install high speed fan kit for better cleaning; fan shields to keep out trash. (MF 410_MF510 Grain only). Returns Cylinder and Rethresher: Remove all channel-type concave sections to avoid cracking corn.

Cookie_Jar

Each year I always start with the initial setting recommended by MF, and then adjust as necessary, as conditions always vary from year to year. My reference is a single laminated MF sheet entitled PROFIT-BOOSTING ADJUSTMENTS FOR MASSEY-FERGUSON COMBINES, publication number 602 AG_5-75_10-5 and C602_570-5-2. It covers adjustments for small grain, soybeans and corn. Here are the initial settings for soybeans: Elevator, drum height: Bottom hole for light crops, raise one hole for heavy crops. Concave: remove filler bars from wide spaced concave, or remove every second wire from narrow-based concave. Concave Setting: Front: 1_2" to 5_8" Rear: 1_8" to 5_16" Cylinder Speed: 300 to 550 r.p.m. Rear Beater: For aggresive handling of straw install spike-tooth beater blades. Grain Pan Screen: Install 3_16" as needed for faster removal of dirt and fine chaff. Triple Screen Shoe: Top 1-1_8" screen set 3_16" to 9_16" , Middle 13_16" screen set to 3_16" to 9_16", Bottom front 13_16" screen set to 3_16" to 9_16" (or 7_16" and 5_8" diameter round hole screen) , and bottom rear 1-5_8" screen set to 5_8". Fanning Mill: Adjust the deflector carefully (1_8" at a time) to find the best position. Returns Cylinder and Rethresher: Remove all channel-type concave sections to avoid cracking seeds.

r

i need settings for canolaIJ book doesnt seem to workIJ i am confused where to start with the 3 seive system. deflector settings or just remove deflector plateIJ airfoil seiveIJ I have lots of experience with rotories but none with conventionals. thanks

D

I have a 1997 8780 MF combine and am throwing over Barley terribly. Please tell me how to properly index the rotor. Had it at a massey dealership in Saskatoon and came back when concave at zero, still a 2 inch gap. Thanks for your time.