Combines massey mods

E__Pidsadowski

contact me on the modifications that I preformed to my two 8570 combines that increase productivity.

Akbar

Requirment of our farmers is to have chopped hay after combine cuts the wheat.The old JandF Pulled type use to do it but would spread the chopped straw.What is the latest answer to the probelm.Please advise and guide.---thanks.

Akbar

Requirment of our farmers is to have chopped hay after combine cuts the wheat.The old JandF Pulled type use to do it but would spread the chopped straw.What is the latest answer to the probelm.Please advise and guide.---thanks.

Goober

I want to increase the grain tank size on my 850. I owned 2 850's, one had the 40 bushel extension and in order to fill it they added about 12" to the clean grain elevator. The other one the dealer added about 10" to the top of the bin; however, when the extension is filling up the grain starts to backleg resulting in only increasing my bin size by about 15 bushels. Rather than adding a piece in the elevator I am considering bolting the 45 degree JD style fill auger to my clean grain elevator. I ran a JD 6620 in 32% corn last year and it would pile the corn so high it would run over the bin on all sides. I think with this set up I could add an ever bigger extension without putting any more stress on the clean elevator drive. I would like to here what anyone out there thinks of my idea or what they might have done to increase bin size.

D_Riffey

Has anyone ever had any trouble with the steering on a MF 750 if so how did you go about fixing it I'm in the process

agri_cultured

Has anyone converted a 540 combine to hydrostatic drive IJ

Kyle

on our 2 Massey's i have replaced alot of woble boxes over the years. The problem is that they get loose and you dont know it untill it's too late. they dont have any adjustments they are either good or shot. I have modified the headers to accept an IHC wobble box. they are of open design with tapered bearings so they can be adjusted to get rid of the desasterous slack. they cost about $800 instead of $1500 or so. I have used these for about 5 years trouble free. If you would like more info on this mod let me know.

760diehard

I occasionaly have trouble getting the straw walkers to start when I engage the machine. They did not start this weekend and I had to loosen all the belts to clean the reclean out. I tried each shaft while I had everything loosa and the straw walker shaft seemed very tight and hard to turn by hand. Is there any lubrication I can do to them to helpIJ I have the belt as tight as I dare tighten it. Thanks

Canadian_Boy

See I am confused. I thought back about ohhh 6 or 7 years ago that Claas was working or joined with Massey and they were making the one series of combines. Is that agreement no moreIJ Do you know what is going onIJ

randyp

Why can't Massey design a bigger hopperIJ We designed hopper extentions that extend outwards at 35 degrees and boosted our capacity 60 bu. We used 14 guage steel and angle iron and followed the pattern of the hopper extentions that are on the market. After two years use, we are happy with then because we can make a half mile round with a 25 ft header without overflowing.