Combines massey mods

Mlappin

My cousin had a aftermarket header control installed on his Case after the dealer could not make the original work correctly. Does anybody know of such a unit for the MF 8560IJ

rusty

I would be interested in hearing about or seeing your modifications as I run both 8570 and an 8780 and would like to improve them. I read about putting a couple of spiral vanes on the bottom separator to throw more straw to the right to even the load on straw chopper

ski_whiz

Has anyone had experience with the modifications that were recomennded by Ray Stuekle for this combine in the shoe_fan area. We recently installed a louwen_Stuekle concave to reduce our walker loss in grain. But now have a problem shoving pods out through the back of the concave in soybeans. These are dry pods that should have been threshed; suspect a bent bar on the cylinder. Either way I need to solve the other problem of not being able to clean these things out without closing the seives to the point where I know I'm probably riding some out. Also get some empty pods in the tank occasionally. Is the problem poor fan speed to begin with or just that it's spilling out between the pan_chaffer_second seiveIJ My friend is adamant about keeping his combine. I know it wasn't a great combine to work with but he's married to it now. Also note that he installed the rear axle from an MF 850 to raise the rear of the machine. This thing is aggressive, at least 5 degrees above horizontal. Did it to retard the material on the walkers and hopefully shake out more grain. This thing still puts grain out the back. Had a lot of whitecaps this year in spring wheat, even with the filler plates in the front. Sad because of all the people that I help with thier Massey Combines he's one of the only who really cares about it's performance. Please Help

rotorman

I posted a message on the main page. go over and check it out. I can share alot of info on these MF comines. Thanks

more_power

hi guy's see if you find this intersting or have seen it Ihave '97 8780 couple years ago i shimmed the first 5 concaves with a 1" flat bar left rear ones lower way lesss draft tough or dry last year installed a new rotor which i had custom built instead of full length rasp bars and stripper bars we cut them to2_3 put first 2_3 in same spot (3spots) next 3 were installed 1_2 rotation between. did same to stripper bars. somewhat like s-cubes rotor in NH. biiiig increase in capicty p.s also went to double thichness skin rotor was built by Stewart Steel in Weyburn,Sask. any IJIJIJ don't hesitate

john68

what shoudl I be looking for on this combineIJ I have never had a self propelled combine this new. not to scare anyone, but my newest one was a Case 600, if you can remember back that far. also have an Allis Chalmers All-Crop 90 pull-type. neither one of them is any good to run for next season, so while everyone is getting rid of the thier combines, I was thinking of grabbing one now. thanks in advance for all help

Turbo

I have a question for someone who has done this mod in past. How am I to plum hydraulics if I add later model 750 electro valve to my 750. I have tried to connect in pressure line to auger swing out, but raise head when swing out. I currently have another 750 I can take main control valve off of (1978) model. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

mike

On my 750 I have a problem with it throwing over wheat on the left side of the seives. Cleaned grain pan, checked level of concave and it still does it. leaves a green trail down through the field! Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Also have hyd problem with header valve. Continually runs the hyd fluid hot enough to distort plastic relief poppet, then the header wants to creep down. Put in a new poppet and it will go for few days then start creeping down again..

Cookie_Jar

The U-2 reel is very poor for reeling in light short crops, as the fingers go through the crop, and the bats dont make contact. It makes me want to get an air reel, if I could afford one. Ray Stueckle in his book Setting your Rotary Combines for Better Harvesting suggests extending the bats to within 3" of the ends of the pickup fingers with sheet metal that goes down one side of the bat, around the fingers (with holes for the fingers to poke through) and back up the other side of the bat. Along the same vein, about 10 years ago, the custom operators around this area were using 6" plastic drainage tile around the bats, with the fingers poking out the bottom about 3" as well. In recent years they switched to air reels. This year, I tried using 1_8" thick HDPE (High Density PolyEthylene, also known as puck-board) to make up bat extensions down the crop side of the bat to within 3" of the ends of the pickup fingers. I attached the material to the bats using sheet metal screws with backup flat washers every 6" or so. My wheat was very short and light this year, but fed very well despite the short 5" average cut-offs - an impossible situation with the U-2 reel alone. The HDPE is very slippery and there was no visible wear, compared to galvanized sheet metal that Ive tried in the past, which ended up rusting in the wear areas.