Combines CR combines

ncnh

Just purchased a CR 960. loveit. Few things I dislike but maybe Ill get use to it.Ive had some problems in my feedr house.Tough soybeans vines will not feed into rotors. The crop wadds up in the feeder house. The chain finally broke.

John_Bob

Hi Mick: Sounds like you enjoy working around the CR's . We did too here in Saskatchewan. Come view our web site: { www.johnbob.ca } You can go to the CR page and look at pictures or video. I have 30 video clips to chooce from. Enjoy. All the best in 2004 from up above _ opposite of down under.Tisdale,Sask.Canada.

AGCOfan

I run a 940. There underpowered compared to the TR they replased. A 940 is 295hp and your 62 is 285 I think. It should replace your 62 but won't be much of an upgrade. A 960 would be an upgrade. What year CR are you looking atIJ Take care, Nathan

Marshaltown_Farms

Was looking at the 940 or 960.Salesman says 940 will be short on hills. It will be hard to go away from gleaner as this site has help me alot and the gleaner guys like dan and tbran know there stuff. What do you think about changing.

AGCOfan

Ya the 940 will definatly be short on power if you've got hills. The cab is awesome. Stone trap is both nice and will drive you crazy. Very sensitive. If you know the Gleaner then why changeIJ like you said thers guys on this site that know their stuff. Not enough of us on this site that know the CR's well enough. If I had to buy a combine it be either be an Axial flow or a Gleaner. I'm just lucky I get to run one. I'd love a CR but with all those electronics, how well are they gunna be in 20 years. Are you near Marshaltown IowaIJ Just curious. If so your dealer sells both NH and Gleaner. Take care and let us know, Nathan

Marshaltown_Farms

Thanks for the comments. I am from Clay Center Nebraska in the south central part of the state. I am finding that the other colors are shying away from the silver machine when I get there trade quote. I was fairly sure that would happen and it is not going to be worth it to me to give any extra. Right now our main worry is our football team if you could call it that.

AGCOfan

Ya Gleaners don't do well on trades. Ya gotta stick with what works. Football ehIJ Take care, Nathan

gleanermanitoba

Your comments on trade values are true for sure, we have experienced similar things here. However doing some rough math the last time around we found the gleaner cheaper to own due to their lower initial pricing here. We looked at purchase pricing on our gleaner and the quotes from 3 other colors assuming same tade in value as no one would actually come out and give true cash figures. (We were told off the record that our values were very close by one of the salesmen) and looked at what the those other colors were bring in 6 years later in similar hour ranges and as close on options as possible and they were getting more, but less than 25% of the original difference more. Just my experience.