Combines CR 970

Pete

Did you see the CR970 in the fieldIJ What crop did it harvestIJ What was the capacity of the combineIJ Pete

TV140

I've seen it in many different crops, works great in all. The capacity is phenomenal, the engine has lots of power. The capacity is probably 50% higher than a TR99 (estimate). If you have a chance to run one, don't pass up the opportunity.

Cutter

I watched the CR970 at the Husker Harvest Day and it was not as impressive as I thought "it should be" for such a supposed radical_advanced change in design for performance. NH says the CR970 is the only class eight combine on the market, hasn't the Cat lexion 480 been out since '97IJ It's a class eight, with 431hp! I would have expected a class eight combine (with 370hp) to have at least broken the 4mph barrier during the show, no matter the field conditions (ground or crop) - they have to to be able to justify added costs for technology. The Cat 470R (a class 7) was going atleast 4mph maybe more at times and had the least, if not equal, amount of loss and grain damage.

Pete

Can you give us more details. what crop, yield, size of headIJ Pete

Silver

We had the 970 on barley swathed 30'on irrigation in south west Sask. the crop ran about 100 bu_acre. We pushed the machine to 90% of its capacity acording to the on board computor (this machine has so many bells and whistles it's scary)in 10 minutes the 330bu hopper was just starting to run over,the machine was working but not threatening to plug. At one point the computor showed we were taking off over 2200 bu_hr. Traveling between 6 and 8 mph in this crop was amazing. The straw was a little tough and stood about 3' high befor swathed the sample was clean and there was as good as nothing left behind the combine, there were poeple scratching all day to see what was thrown over, everone seemed to be totally impressed. The machine worked well but we had to replace the air filter twice in 160 acres. The boys from New Holland said that was the 1st problem they had with that but the dust was very fine and it did'nt plug the radiator . The combine is huge in capacity and price and it looks to me like a lot of moving parts and to much electronics, with absolutly everthing ajustable from in the cab. I would have liked to see how it performed in real tough conditions our conditions were about perfect.

Ilnewholland

I ran demo CR-970 this past week and all I can say is what a combine! We was doing 12 rows of 150bpa corn at up to 6+ mph.(if you go to fast the cornhead would push the corn over). We could never give the combine a load as the motor would stay at 2100rpm. The cornheader height control really works good. The cab has everything you could think of. It is a very big combine and fun driving it.

TIM

In the UK the flagship model is the CR980, which is replacing the TF78. But it is not availible untill next harvest. The hype is that it is a 50 ton per hour machine in wheat in the UK, has anyone else heard thisIJIJIJIJIJ

CNHTEK

I'm currious, do you have remote seivesIJ Some of the combines with the remote seive package were having problems with the position sensors, they wouldn't read properly causing the seive to adjust on its own trying to find the position you set it to. Annother Thing you could try is to set the wind deflectors as far forward as possible to reduce the loss. The farter forward the wind is the less seed you blow out the rear.

tv140

You should put rubber curtains in the back of the combine at the rear of the sieves. These help deflect the air flow properly. If your dealer doesn't know of these rubber curtains, they should ask their A.S.M. as he will know. This WIll help you out.

willie

We also put a piece of baler belting on the bottom sieve.Seem like we could use less fan speed and get a cleaner sample on our 970.