Combines CR 970

JHEnt

First off that is a totally different separator than your TR's had. You have to remeber you have a prechaffer now. It sounds like you need to open the prechaffer up. To make the most of these machines you need to get a good part of the grain off the main chaffer right away. Even corn_soybean machines only had a 1-1_8" finger prechaffer. In small grains like wheat these need to be fairly open to do their job. Set it to the widest position on the adjuster quadrant and then climb up in there and check the actual opening. It likely won't actually be as far open as the prechaffer can go. Second do what CNHTEK said and pitch your air to the front of the chaffer. This will lift the chaff and cut the air at the back allowing the last of the grain to drop through. Once you lift the chaff it will pretty well carry out without hitting the top chaffer again.

nel

First of all thanx guys for all the information,i think u all have a point there when u say my wind relectors are not in the right position.i just wonder why my dealer did not think of that.instead he goes away descussed.......and say,s i just don_t know...yes i do have auto sieve ajustments........but i run them manually so i have full control of my sieves and they don_t change on me.....thanx again guys........nel

Big_Al

If you only grow 30 bushel wheat and 30 bushel milo you sure don't need a combine as big a CR 970 and how on earth would you ever pay for it with those poor wheat and milo yields

Big_Green

We can raise over 70 bushel dryland milo and 50 bushel dryland wheat but it has to rain, here lately it hasnt been doin that, but if we average 30 over a 10 year period i will be thrilled with either the way things have been the last 7 years, i am happy with the 9600 dont need or want a CR i just wanted to no how they performed. Not any New Hollands here!!

Bundy

Just out of interest, what was your old combineIJ This is the first real capacity_hp complaint I've heard of in the CR 970's. Hp isn't everything as your old machine shows, perhaps the 970 is not set as well as your old combine wasIJ Every style of machine has their differences.

en

it was a tx66 same cleaning system,but seemed to have more capacity,maybe diffrent stroke or rpm. have to run rotors fairly tight on my cr in order to not loose over rotor. that takes some hp.two rotors at 22"will take 40 more hp to turn when loaded

Bundy

Walker to rotor is like chalk and cheese. I went the other way from a TR to a walker and I had all the trouble in the world trying to make that thing perform for a couple of years compared to what the TR could do, even though on paper the walker machine was bigger! Very different machines to set and operate, and there are many more experienced guys on this board than I who could give you the tips as to how to set it better. If the cleaning systems not keeping up and the rotors are tight, then I'd suggest opening them up some, slowing down the rotors and put some inserts on the concave to increase the thresing effect up front to get the unthreshed heads. We use to run the sieves pretty wide on our old TR's and the fan fairly fast, although no doubt the fan's have improved a hell of a lot since our old girl. Set the bin sample to the delivery requirements, not to what looks pretty. As I said, the NH guys here know these machines backward and could tell you far more then I, but a bigger faster motor is not always the way to increase capacity.