Combines genesis

NHD

The Genesis 8870 brought I think $45,000.It had quite a bit of wear on front tires.The Kinze 24 row fold forward planter w_ liquid fertilizer, redball flo monitors, and pull behind tank brought $45,000. The row cleaners etc sold seperate. I think they brought $120 a row.

NHD

I believe it was a '98. with I believe 2522 hrs.Maybe you read what I said about front tires. It looks like with that steering system the tires get excess wear when turning with a load because the sidewalls at the base of the tread were breaking loose.

angus11

I live in the area where he farmed. That tractor pulled the 24 row planter along with saddle tanks filled with starter fertilizer, there was also a tank on the hitch of the planter besides another tank pulled behind the planter. I believe the tractor had its hands full. I have to say it was pretty impressive what it would handle.

NHD

Angus II, You're right about Andy having that planter with all it's tank rigs behind that tractor must have been quite a sight. I knew Andy, Zack,Terry and Sue thru custom harvesting. He took his TR-98 out there with me in '99. I used it late in the summer in the San luis valley of Colo. harvesting malt barley for Coor's. Zack and I spent a couple of weeks together at Anthoney Ks. That combine was on the same farm for 6 weeks because of mud. We never did finish all the wheat. I'm curious as to who is going to farm the land that Andy farmedIJ I visited with all of them at the sale but we didn't get around to that. I sure would have liked to have that Neco corn drier. I had forgotten about the saddle tanks. That explains the wear on the sides of the front tires. We got a mess here this morning. 6" of wet snow with the wind in the East. Now the thunder is forcast and either rain or snow thru today. Sure raises havoc with the preperations for our machinery sale on Monday.

angus11

NHdon why did Andy trade his tr-98 for the deere, was it for financial reasons or was he just unhappy with the newhollandIJ We have a tr-85 and would like to trade up to an 87 or 88 but with only 600 acres and the past year was not good at all, between the drought and the cut worms, its the worst year we have ever had. I hope things are better for you.

NHD

AngusII, He wanted to trade for a bigger machine for the 12 row head. NH could not make him a decent deal on a TR-99 because dealers were handicapped by NH in that the dealers had incentives to trade for junkers so they wouldn't have a lot of money tied up in the used machine. The biggest reason I think was that JD was offering farmers maybe $25,000 to trade into STS. Commonly called "buying the business" or " craming the junk down your throat". NH was recommending a fixed drive to run the 12 row heads and that was expensive. The only problem with the variable speed drive was that they didn't put a grease zerk on the inside tapered bearng on the variable speed shieve. Most experienced dealers did this on their own. Also Andy was committed to a 12 row head because of his 24 row planter. All in all he could probably got just as much done with a 8 row. The TR-98 cleangrain elevator was too narrw for high capacity too. It would only take up about 2200 bu, per hr. where the TR-99 has a wider elevator. The combine can easily harvest maybe 3000 bu. per hr but you can't get it up the elevator.We had the biggest crop ever in our area. that two years in a row. Also we have gone to strip-till corn and no-till beans. We have had about 17 bu more corn per a. than minimum till. Thats two years in a row. In 2001 it helped the poorer soils the most by conserving moisture.Sorry you had a bum crop. It reminds me of our out west wheat harvest. One guy didn't have us come harvest at all. He said he run his own combne to get seed wheat even if it tok him till labor day.

JHEnt

Heard that Buhler bought enough genesis engines from NH for a couple of years tractor production. NH shut down the genesis engine plant so can only guess Buhler will have to go to Cummins, Cat, IVECO, or Susu for engines in the future.

MostlyGreen

I noticed on Buhler's website that they've announced a deal with Cummins as thier engine supplier until 2011 I believe. I guess that deal must just be for the articulate tractors.

TwinRotor

Does anybody know what engine will be used in the TM and TV tractors since those had the detuned genesis in themIJ Its a shame New Holland has quit making that engine. It was the best for its time and still is in a lot of ways, simple, reliable, fuel efficent, with the parent bore design. With horspower ranges from 90 to well over 300 it extremely flexible. They seem to crank out so much power and used very little fuel.