dakota

Just coming from the USCHI meeting and learned that any CR is capable of spreading chaff while windrowing the straw. By the way, any lexion can do that, too. I am looking forward to hear from you after harvest.

Ilnewholland

Dustmaker, I think you will love the CR. look foward to hear how it works for you in the future. If you don't mind telling, how much is it costing you to trade your TR98 to the CR940 in engine or sep. hoursIJ Also what part of the world do you farm inIJ Ilnh

2rotorsrule

I wouldn't call what a Cat does with the straw and chaff spreading it. Even on a calm day it is pretty pathetic. Nothing personal dakota, its just we have a TR98 and 480 lexion and you can see where the lexion has gone because of the way it leaves the straw. Reminds me of an STS with spreaders.

Dustmaker

We are running at about $170CAN or $110 US to do the change, based on seperator hours. Not sure if that is good or bad from that perspective, but if you run a basic NPV analysis on it, it comes out ok. The annual cost of ownership has gone up some, but a CR940 is not a TR98. I would say that there is more combine there from almost every perspective. Productivity should increase by 15% to 20%. Our payments are going up about 25%. I farm in south central Alberta, so our window of opportunity to harvest is fairly narrow. Right now, we will be doing just under 2500 acres with it. It is a catch 22 situation, you either keep current at a cost, or draw on your equity and end up with nothing in the end. Once you get out of the cycle of trading every 4-5 years, it is very difficult to get back in. The equity in our TR98 is about at its peak right now, so we figured it was the best time to do it. I might be nuts, but time will tell.

Ilnewholland

That is about what they want to trade here also. Here with the present grain prices along with a short crop has put any combine trading on hold for me this year. I agree with you that when they get 4-5 years old is a good time to trade. Myself (or I should say that my wife) can't take a 25% increase in payments and make all the numbers come out at this time. I would need to rent more ground to spread the cost over and I'm (or my wife again) not sure we want to work moreIJ Once your in your new CR harvesting, only your neighbors will feel "nuts". Good luck, Ilnh

Unit_2

Dakota, Didn't you think that New Holland CR was the most impressive looking combine thereIJ I think it was and I'm a 2388 man.

dakota

They sure have some unique features like the rethreshing in the return system. I just hope they get their electronic problems ironed out. They also proved that a combine can have a spacy cab. I wish they'd put the lexion spout on their unloader. The tilting shoe on the other hand, I think, is a little too complicate. The lexion gets the same job done with a lot less mechanical effort. The Birotor also has a very simple solution for this problem. But I also like how CASE is constantly updating and improving their 2388. It gives you the feeling that they really care about their customers. Have you been to the JD clinic at the conventionIJ Oh boy, got it hot.

mid_west

Ya, I don't think alot of 2388 owners are looking forward to the new beast. The weight difference alone is unbelievable. How hot was the JD clinicIJ

Unit_2

Dakota, No I did not go to any of the clinics. I couldn't get there till Friday. Did you give the JD guys the first degreeIJ On that NH machine do you think that self leveling shoe is going to be high maintenance over timeIJ K.A.