Combines CR940 report

Ilnewholland

Cole, JD will come around someday, don't worry I have been working on him. Nice to hear good reports on the CR's, I'm sure there may be some problems but they look to be a good combine to me. BTW what kind of yield monitor was thatIJ Am thinking about puting one in my combine someday. looks like an AGleader is my first choice maybeIJ Ilnh

NHD

Ilnh, Saw your question about a yield monitor for your combine. There are some used Ag leader PF3000 out there. Be sure you get an Ag leader and never get a NH made by Ag leader. NH bought the Ag leader, but they didn't buy any updates. They only bought the 3.21 version and the NH won't accept the 4.21 version available from Ag leader. On top of that NH doesn't know squat about serviceing them. The CR uses a different monitor system all together, which I like much better. The Ag leader pf3000 is wonderful. I have used one for 5-6 years.

scooter

I stayed with the Ag leader insteaad of the New Holland in my CR920. I has very sceptical the NH will work wtih a single calibration for all crops. That will be wonderful if it does. But something I did not realize is with the Al monitor, I leave yield info on it and combine info on the infoview monitor. Now I do not have to toggle screens for yield info. I have the second screen on my info to give all internal combine info. sieve openings, crop,concave, threasher etc. Now with one screen I can see if it is set where I want it. Works nice.

JD

No way Jose'! I don't care how they operate now, cause even a Cat would operate well when new, well maybe that's a stretchIJ ;-))) work with me here Cat lover's!!! Plus operating one is never going to change all the mess that NH changed on the CR! Sooner or later it's going to have to be worked on, probably sooner thoughIJ All those long belts, long and extra long chains. Those 90' gear boxes on the recleaner, that header drive tucked up nicely right behind the cab no lessIJ It will surprise me if the tail ends don't start falling off from that ENORMOUS chopperIJ Man that thing has to weigh something and all that weight hanging off the very back of the machineIJ Would you care to talk electrical problems or how about computer controlled problemsIJ Holy Cow, what a NIGHTMARE on CR Street this could be!!!! here mousy, mousy...ole JD has a present for you....how about a nice thick wiring harness that probably cost thousands to replace, hehehe! Hey, it's great you guys like_love the CR nowIJ Tell me this in 10 years(good luck, eh!) and I'll be impressed, cause as it stands right now....you really know very little about these machines no matter how you cut itIJ JD

cnhboy

The farm has two Ag leader PF3000's in the two combines pre-CR. I started both of them out when they put them in about 3 years ago. I really like them, they are simple to operate and not too terribly bad to calibrate either, albeit the 5 test loads the book recommends to calibrate the weight. Boy JD, you wouldn't believe what I saw today! Your right, the over weight machine flattened two tires and the chopper fell off. You wouldn't believe the computer monitor in the CR, it alerted the operator, "JD says to return me (CR940) back to Grand Island, and go back to TR's. Error ID 232402" Hahaha. Best of luck! cnhboy

NHD

Scooter, I like your idea of using your Ag leader in the CR. I am wondering about whether you use the NH flow sensor or does Al make a sensor for the CRIJ I had no problem with the NH calibration for all crops. So far wheat, barley,oats corn and soybeans worked out ok.I'm like you I would like to see all the Al info on one screen and the combine settings and preformance on the info monitor. I never thought of what you are doing,but from my experience with the CR I would really like the way you are set up. As for JD I guess he's going to buy a 10 year old pickup truck w_ low miles and no computors the next time he need one. I for one wouldn't go back to old technology for anything.

JD

NHDon, You strike me a someone with a lot of knowledge about your machinery. That does not negate the fact that you like myself questioned the design and all the other changes NH same made in these combine platforms and the company itselfIJIJIJIJ Then without any reference to why, you make a 180 change into the CR's biggest cheerleaderIJIJIJIJ This has made me weary of your info from then onIJ Sorry, but that's just the way I see itIJ like I said, I don't begrudge you guys who like these CR'sIJ So why do you feel the need to slam me personallyIJIJIJIJ Stick to the subject at hand if you can, if not...that's a clear signal to me you can't debate the facts at hand! And they are, the CR is not proven, it hasn't run for a timeperiod that would show it's strength's or weakness's..... it's just new and "all things seem better new", so the saying goes. JD

wakeman

I agree with some of your comments JD about longevity of electronics, etc. Only time will tell how it all pans out. But, as far as the self-leveling cleaning shoe and re-thrashers, at minimum, these things have been used on the TX series of New Holland combines for years with great success. We run a TX 66 and a TR 99. We purchased the TX new in 97, and the '99 model TR in 2002 with 300 separator hours on it. We've had more things go wrong with the TR in 2 seasons than we've had go wrong with the TX in 7. Don't get me wrong- I like the TR, but have been frustrated with the little things that appear to not have been engineered heavily enough. I also like the job the TR does on the more fragile crops like beans and peas. Sometimes (in my mind, at least) being built heavier is better. We don't always have ideal conditions with smooth crop flow that you mentioned, and believe me, there's nothing we can do about it, but charge ahead with as much caution as possible. JD, do you have any experience working with canolaIJ Sometimes, feeding piles into the machine is just unavoidable.

JD

None what so ever! Do you swath it or direct cutIJ I see some of both on the prairies of different crops. Heavier components are not the problem with the CR's weight. look at the dimensions of it versus the TR. How much longer are the rotors nowIJ I'm not against a stronger frame either. Yet they have done nothing but chose to run the same route as Deere and Cat with the overall increase in size to the machine. The first Claas's that I remember seeing here where laughed at by everyone because they did not understand why the Europeans made something so big that ran so slow in the fieldIJ like they say, "bigger is better", ehIJ And again, I see NHDon saying a CR-940 is better in the mud than a TR-99. No way in Hates can adding 10,000n's make a combine better in the mud, PERIOD! Equipped with the same rubber it would not even be comparable to which machine would stand up better. Hope you had a good harvest, JD

scooter

I use a Al sensor. It fits in I think much as the NH. As you know the whole top of the elevator pivots, so the bottom adjustment is not installed on the CR. The moisture sensor is Al, but the NH is Al, so I do not think much different. I use my Al in the spring for site verification and would of needed a monitor anyway. I like this set up. Would do again.