Combines TR 99 Questions

Ilnewholland

I'm not sure I can help much but on the terrain tracer it should not jump around like that. You may be able to adjest it some on the headerIJ Your combine head should not go down any when you hit the raise button. That's not right. Don't know what would cause that. Can't help you on the bubble up auger or the fountain auger as it is now called. So I guess I just proved that I don't know muchIJ All I know is those things are not normal. Good luck. Ilnh

silver4life

Sounds like you need new orings on the poppets to correct your lift problem. I would go ahead and reseal entire lift valve section since your there. Really is not a hard job to do if you are good with wrenches!

2rotorsrule

The jumpy header may be adjustment on the bladder valve over on the right side by the fan intake. Refer to your book on exactly how to set it. It changes the agressivness depending how heavy your header is. Hope that helps

wakeman

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I had already adjusted what I could on the header itself, and that didn't solve the problem. I'm pretty sure I set the bladder valve last fall, but had forgotten about that one. lastly, I guess I'll have to look into the lift valves. I just finished harvesting today, so priorities may get shifted a little for the moment. :)

Shane_IN

Our TR86 would bounce the header too when we first got it. It ended up being that the raise and lower rate were set too fast. Adjusted it on the stack valves, just to the right of the cab on the TR86 anyways, and it stopped that. Not sure if this will help since you say it drops first then raises when ever you go to raise it. Good luck.

JD

Does it do this with any other header like a corn header if you run oneIJ Unhook the header height control wires and see if it does it when you lift it thenIJ It could be electricalIJ May just be your header lift_lower switch. It my be passing current at first impulse to the lower side of the switchIJ I've had switches on several things do some funny things beforeIJ JD

wakeman

I did think of that. I slowed down the drop rate, and that helped somewhat, but not enough. Thanks for the idea, though.