Combines TX 66 s

tx68

We put the New Holland High inertia bars on in place of the sheet metal filler plates and that helped it alot. Much less belt slipping. Also it stopped the dirt from filling up the cylinder and causing unbalanced running due to there being more room for the material in the cylinder to get back out.

wakeman

Does it make a difference that we have the 2-speed drive on the cylinder for that upgradeIJ

wakeman

What do you mean by the sheet metal filler platesIJ I definitely like the idea of eliminating the buildup of dirt on the back side of the bars.

tx68

No ours is a beans wheat corn type tx 68 with the 2 speed gearbox. In between the rasp bars are sheet metal plates that fill in the spaces. You can barely get you fingers between these and the bars. The high inertia bars take the place of these plates. There is over an inch of clearance between these heavy steel bars and the rasp bars. The dirt can not collect in there because the space is big enough for it to be thrown back out. The golf balls I had in there to break up the packed dirt will no longer stay in there and are no longer needed. I had to take the feeder housing off to get the new bars in. It made a huge difference in how the combine performed with absolutely no bad effects.The big variator drive belt lasts much longer too because the slugs would not slow the cylinder down so easily. I would say this added easily 1_3 more capacity to the machine in tough conditions and also noticeably better in good conditions. Now 3 years later we put an air reel on for this bean crop and gained another 1_3. We are almost done beans but for the last 200 acres and I only heard the combine slug twice and that was late at night in the rain.I pluged it up that night and the straw was like wet binder twine. The reason it pluged is because a tree branch got jamed across the top of chopper and bridged the straw there in the back. Before like every other combine we had before when the sun went down it started to get harder to get the crop to feed in good. Now you can pretty well combine all night in the dew and it feeds in perfectly.Till the beans test too wet. Our beans mostly go to Japan for food and they are picky about the quality. This machine never causes any seed dammage concern for the recievers. One said it is some of the best quality the get by their soak tests. You got a good combine and you can make it much beter with the above stuff.

RJ

We have a tx65plus with 30'honeybee, and want to know if anyone has modified the chopper, so that it will spread cereal straw to the full width of the front, ours will only spread 15-20ft. It already has some extended fins. - otherwise very good machine.

wakeman

We modified ours. We had bigger fins made at a metal shop and eliminated the downward angle of the chopper, and levelled it off. It now spreads 30 feet wide.

wakeman

We also modified our feeder house faceplate to mount a flex head without too much difficulty. We just extended the cradle forward approximately 3 inches to tip the header forward more.

Cowboy

I put on all new chopper knives this fall after getting everything out of balance and the new knives are serrated on the ends also.With these knives and putting the deflecters out more and in the high spread notch it spread 42' wheat straw about 40',they make quite a difference.The knives came in packages of 10 instead of matched sets and I weighed them on a scale and matched them to 1_10th of a gram after finding some of these knives over a gram different in weight.I also found since the holes are punched out some of them have an edge that must be taken off or they will bind and not rotate freely.