Combines CR 940 Throat position

JD

lot's of factors in the equation to figure here. One setting does not fit all so a little more info is needed between machines to get a better feel. What size front tires and rears, air pressure of both, what type of soil, what width headersIJ I've had to weld a plate on the bottom of the feeder before to get the cutter bar tilted back enough so as not to pushIJ Don't know about the new headers but hopefully they have a sensativity setting like the Deere'sIJ JD

scooter

I Run mine on 5 and works fine. I think this could be in the settings on the infoview monitor. YOu might need to make the head " more responsive" in the float position. Also make sure the head float switch is in the forward postion. This is the switch left of the hydro with a picture of a head and a wave under it. This should appear on the monitor when to float is activated by hitting the 'r' button on the stick. Also are you memorizing the cut height with the smae buttonIJ

CR940

Thanks for the replies. We have a 25' head, 18.4x42 duals I don't remember the rears size. I've had it back on 6 but that leaves a ragged cut. We've had a district rep. out to look at it and install the newest software. I'll see what happens today. The beans are fairly tall and there is lots of residue on the ground. The conditions are not perfect but we've had a TR99 and a IH 1660 work so this new machine has to work also. Thanks again for the help

scooter

My 920 worked better after new software was installed. let us know the results.

CR940

The software helped, now I can make the lateral tilt move. I ended up rolling the head all the way back and lifting it just a little to the top of the green indicator. The cut is as good as the neighbors green machine and I was able to cut as late as he was, which was an improvement. I still don't think it responds as quick as it should. District rep. is suppose to be back next week.

scooter

Were are you fromIJ I would be upset with my dealer if it took a week to straighten this out. I have a very good dealer here in Ohio,