Combines question for all newholland bufs

petefwa

Tell him to buy a CR970. Best sample and highest capacity available.End of story.

wakeman

I haven't run the CR, but have heard a lot of good things about them. I have demoed the CX 840. I would compare that combine pretty much directly to our TX 66, with a bunch of updates. You'll get a really good sample with either machine, I'm sure. I don't know how the sample will compare to a Gleaner machine, but it's definitely better than a John Deere. As for capacity, I heard from a dealer nearby that the CR 970 was running anywhere from 14-25 acres_hour. At 14 ac_hour, conditions were pretty tough. No matter the conditions, it apprently flew circles around everything else it went up against. I haven't heard about the CX 880, but I would have to assume the same thing with that machine. But, in tough conditions, the CX will most likely outrun the CR because it's a conventional. If you have quite a few acres of soybeans, edible beans, and_or peas, I'd recommend going with the CR, just because the rotor machine is so much more gentle on those crops. With soybeans, it's not so noticeable, but definitely on edible beans and peas.