Combines 970

R72

You probably won't get an answer, i asked about a 970 and 880 and nobody wants to give me an answer.

tv140

I do not own one, but did get the oppurtunity to combine with one this harvest.

gm

scroll down the page a little there are lots of posts about the cr's. if what you want to know isn't there then try asking a more specific question.

en

got a 970 coming for 2004 harvest. have since heard of some problems,such as; shaft breaking in feeder house hydro breaking engine fires strawdischarge plugging chopper not spreading more than 20-25 feet software problems too littel air volume under sieves at max speed and a bunch of other stuff going to be running a 36foot header and i am very concerned about spreading straw and chaff at full swat

tv140

All of the problems you listed that I have heard of before have resolutions. The hydro was only a problem on yr2002 machines and there was a campaign to replace them. Straw discharge plugging - easy fix, remove a piece of metal and a curtain in the chopper. Software has been updated on the yr 2002 machines - good now. Sieve air volume problem - install some curtains in the sieves - easy fix. I honestly haven't heard of any feeder house shafts breaking, butIJ Cr970 is a phenomenal machine - very large capacity - hard to keep full.

cycl

TV140 is correct. All of the problems you mentioned have been addressed. The MOG spreading issue is a work in progress. CNH is trying a number of solutions including a very simple fix of adding a different style of knife in the chopper. Can you provide more information as to what happened with the feeder house shaftIJ I know you will be very impressed with your machine.

wakeman

I'd also like to hear from some CR 970 owners. We're looking into buying a 2003 model with 400 hours on it, and I'd like to know if there are updates that I need to make sure are installed, problem areas that might need to be addressed, etc.

cycl

I have heard the Reddekop's do an excellent job of spreading the MOG. Yes you do spread everything with the Reddekopp but I know of a lot of customers that won't run anything but a Reddekop. Are you in CanadaIJ Good luck.