Combines cr 970 cx880

cycl

Working on the CR is not a big deal. Aside from any electronics issue you can easliy diagnose and repair most anything if you have any amount of mechanical apptitude. Depending on what crops you are after is what should make your decision. Good luck with what ever you deciede.

grimreeper

I am a mechanic by trade. I will be harvesting wheat, oats, barley, canola, peas, and flax. I checked out the 980 on the uk web site liked the hp it had but can't figure out why it went down in bin size the 970 is 330 bu and the 980 300 bu why is that.

charlie

We are currently running 3 CX 860's, a CR970 and a CR960. We have only been running for 2 weeks so can't make solid comparrison yet. We have had a few teething problems with all of them which is expected but very happy with the capacity of all of them. We thought the CR's would way out do the CX's but the CX's have been very impressive. I drove one of our CX's in the same paddock (harvesting barley) as a 2388 the other day (both with 36 foot drapers). I was running rings around the 2388. What you have to consider is whether you want a walker machine (i.e. CX) or a rotary (CR).