Combines TR99 Bubble Auger Fire

NHD

First of all, NH can and should fix your bubble-up problem. I have over 500 hours on my second TR-99 since it was fixed and it is still running very smoothly. We have Maurer bin extensions so that isn't a problem for us. Secondly call Joe at harvest support at 717 371 8222. Tell him that I recommended you call.Third,my dealer had this exhaust shields in stock. I'll get you the part numbers maybe tomorrow.

JHEnt

Yes there is an update depending on serialn. First off there was a campaign to replace the lower augerhalf if it had not been heat treated. If your's had been included then you should have recieved a letter from NH directly. Second there is a program out. I don't have the prog n handy. However since you have cut down the hight of the upper flighting I would say yours will most likely be within the range to be eligible for the program. Check the bottom of the upper auger and see if the weld holding the hex coupling in the tube isn't cracked. The new upper augers have the same part number as the original but several things have been done. The hex coupling is heat treated, the hight of the flighting has been shortened to prevent grain flying up and onto the roof, the upper auger is now computer balanced at the factory, the lower flighting diameter has been reduced to reduce chance of grain damage at the angle in the tube. If your upper auger is not damaged then the program will pay to have it balanced at a local machine shop if its within serial number range. If your dealer is willing to work with you they may be convinced to replace the entire uppper auger with a new one. On the 1 TR99 that I have had experience with, the new upper auger fixed all customer complaints. He too had bad vibration that caused his lampshade brackets to break. With the new auger corn no longer flys onto the roof and he runs the lampshade adjusted nearly all the way short on its slots. The auger eliminated vibration. jhent51@hotmail.com

Cowboy

It is easy to make your own sheild out of light weight aluminum such as scrap eavestroughing.On my TX I took off the lift bracket to use as a template for the bolt holes on the valve cover and bent the aluminum to cover the manifold.The turbo is still exposed but the smoldering chaff_dust problem is gone.I used to have to stop and douse it every time I smelled it smoking.legume crops were the worst.

AAPIII

JHEnt, It would be great if you could me those n's was just at dealer,. showed them your response, I don't think I am going to get any where without them. But they did find the shields for the exhaust and they said they would try to get them under warrenty. Thanks to NHDon

Ken

If someone could give us part numbers of augers and other parts this involves, that would be great. Someone out there that would be willing to post themIJ

cycl

There are several service campaigns and service bulletins out on the bubble up system. The latest was issued in 04_03. These part numbers are off of this latest program notification (An amendment to program 854) Top auger-86625771 Bottom Auger-86625757 Bottom Tube-86625768 Top Tube-86625628 U-Joint Ass.-86624873 Bearing Cover-446510 Bearing bracket-86625759 Bearing-86574959 Flangette x 2-86548974 Hope this helps!

AAPIII

Yes you guys are helping me out alot, the service manager at my dealership keeps asking me where I am getting this info from!! Now if it is going to do any good.......remains to be seen. Which raises another question, How come no one from NH can give me these answersIJIJ

JHEnt

Because company service personal are supposed to help your dealer help you. Its not their job to go around the dealer. Its the dealers job to find solutions to your problems. The company people are there to help them do that. If the dealer does not respond you can call the customer resource phone line. They make a record of complaints about machines but they too will contact the dealer in order to try to find a resolution.

AAPIII

n1 Thanks for the info. Know lets talk about your response. MY DEAlER ISN'T GETTING HElP FROM NH. And as far as the customer service hotline, very nice people, have called there over EIGHT times talked to a guy by the name of Jim very nice guy he told me that he called my dealer about my problems. Did it help.......I wouldn't be posting here if it did. I take that back it did solve one problem with a 43 cent part. Here are some questions my dealer couldn't answer (with the help of NH) I bought the machine new in Dec 02 didn't get the reel for the bean head untill Aug 03, the machine was delivered with cab roof cracked, numerous grease fittings with the paint still on them, hyd tank 2 1_2 Gal low, reel drive hyd tank split open and leaking, hyd hoses for 4wd rubbed through to the wires, hoses leaking (loose and bad crimps),both final drives 1qt+ low each, reverser gear box low, tires not inflated to proper pressures, coolant level low, I also bought the roller kit for the feeder house they sent the wrong rollers twice, then tried to tell us that they where the right rollers, and my faverite, NO inner bearing on the variable speed feeder house pulley (the one that has the screw and ele. motor hooked to it) that cost NH 2 belts before problem was fixed, And I stood right there when someone from NH tried to tell the service manager that there was not a problem that. Now some of those things are from poor dealer prep, which there is no excuse for because it went through 2 dealers before I got it. Where these problems solved, yes......easily....NO. so I hope you can understand why I am not happy with the dealer or NH. There is NO reason why I had to come here to find answers. NH should have given the answers to my dealer back in april, Yes thats right, the first running I did with this machine was in April, corn left from last fall, I started in about the bubble auger then allready. Still not fixed. Now here is my question to you, Would you go that long with a problem, let's say on your car and your dealer knows about it, and not get it fixed and still be happyIJIJIJ I think not. Now I know that this posting might make you and some others mad. Thats good atleast I wouldn't be the only one then. And if you still think that I am wrong in being mad or thinking that NH is to blame(at least for the bubble auger) then e-mail me your phone number and we will talk about it more. ART

AAPIII

Got so worked up over last post I forgot two things.......My fuel tank is starting to leak, I wonder how long it will take to get that fixedIJ And one thing to add about the custmer service hotline called there to get answers about my yield monitor(yes I asked dealer first). I ended up calling AG leader myself.........Great support.