Combines TR95 OR 96

Shane_IN

We have both a TR95 and TR86. In our case I run the 86 and my dad runs the 95. I can keep pace with him in beans but in corn he runs an 8 row and I run a 6 and keep the same speed, just 2 less rows so it seems the 86 isn't that much smaller. But, the 86,96 have a lot of updates over the 85,95's. The cab is much nicer, easier to read what the combine is doing with the rotor speed and other stuff right in front of you. Haven't had hardly any problems with our 86, seems like we have replaced everything on the 95 but it does have over 5000 hrs on it!

john_holland

we just switched from a good 85 to a good 86, the 86 is a much more refined, user friendly and higher performance machine. if you cut very many soybeans you want a 6 our 86 with a 22 fter can cut about twice as fast as the 85 with a 20fter, and then it is just the head slowing it down. make sure that if you get a 6 it has the s cubed rotors, they are the key. We didn't see much improvement in corn, it may even cause more kernel damage in wet conditions than the 5 did. The ford motor in the 6 has much more power and runs smoother than the cat in the 5, it still drinks fuel though. we can unload on the go no problem now, before did not have enough power. you should definately go with the 6 if you can afford it, they are more expensive because they are a better combine.

THIS IS WHAT I AM lOOKING FOR , GOOD INFO. NOW WHAT IS A GOOD PRICE ON A TR86 OR TR96IJIJIJIJ

scooter

Some of the 85 have spiral rotors. Do not get the step concave. I would want a 86. It is a far nicer machine than the 85. the above advice was on the mark.

john_holland

sorry, i guess i could have included it in the above post. our 86 in really dirty and run down condition cost between 14k and 15k, our 22ft 973 in very poor condition const obout 2k our very nice, mint condition 974 black letter 6row narrow corn head cost 4500 and our 6 belt melroe pickup with the regular nh dummy head const about less than a thousand, but we had to put 6 new belts on it at 100 a peice. the combine cost about 1000 to fix up with all our own work, the electricals still have problems, but i think a new 300 dollar alternator will fix that, the bean head needed about 800 dollars, all new teeth, some new poly shoes (big money) and all new sickle sections. the pickup head needed new bearings, and a conversion to low drive, which was simple and cheap. I don't know if you think these prices are high or low, if you think they are low it is because we have looked for a long time to find these machines and do all the work ourselves, if you think they are high you have better are than us and are probably better at finding good deals. post back with any more questions.

Shane_IN

Around here you can find a good TR86 for about $30,000 to $40,000. This would be a decent shape average hour machine maybe with or without heads. A TR96 will usually run $5000 more. Paid $45,000 for ours with 6rn and 16ft table 5 years ago. An 86 will handle a 6 row and upto a 22' table rather well, the 96 will love an 8 row and upto a 30' header.

Shane_IN

Try looking on this website, you can look nation wide here. Found many nice machines, good luck. You will love the 6 series machines.

TwinRotor

Ive talked to a guy who demod a TR96 in rice and he said it didn't pull down at all in heavy mud with four-wheel drive. He said the deeres they have now as soon as you turn on the four wheel drive they really slow down. That Ford 474ci engine was probably one of the best engines of its time in any combine. They would start good and run merily at 2500rpms all day long and never miss a beat.

CO96

We just got a TR96 this harvest (wheat) after running a TR85 for about 12 years. Nice machine - runs very smooth. We found a '93 in great condition with only 1800 hrs on it. Run a 30' head with no problems. Cab, etc., is much nicer on the 96. New Holland builds some good machines...we have been pleased.