Combines vibration in 971 front

john_holland

I think you are talking about an older reel type rigid or flex head, if I am wrong, ignore this. the reason I respond is that we had a bad problem with vibration on our flex bean head with pickup reel, the problem was the drive belt for the knocker box on one side was too tight, loosened it up and it stopped doing that, If the 971 is not a grain head, this doesn't apply to you, sorry

40_Shakes

Check the timing of your knives.loosen both belts then move both knives to the outer extreme,then tighten belts.Hope this helps.

twin_spinner

Thanks for getting back so soon will try both of your ideas 40 shakes and john holland hopefully will solve the problam as is very annoying as you tend to focus on these things . Should start reaping in 5 days over here in west oz . CHEERS.

Shane_IN

We had a 973 do that a few times. Once it was the bolt that holds the sickle to the drive had come loose and was hitting the braces for the gearbox and the second time it was the braces for the gearbox themselves had broke all the welds and instead of the sickle going back and forth it was the gearbox going back and forth.