Combines rock trap door

Shane_IN

Had this problem twice on our TR86. First time it was the hook part was wore and it wouldn't hold. The second time it was the feeder house chain was too loose and it would hit the sensor and trip it. Had a chain break one of the slats too and it would set it off when it came around too, guess that makes 3 times.

Ilnewholland

I would check if it's latching right. My TR98 would always break a small bolt on the latch almost every year and then it would pop open also. I think the CR's are all electronically so it works different. Ilnh

twin_spinner

our tr 98 was doing that last harvest in canola and i was talking to a new holland guru and he said to lower the front roller on the feeder so that it compresses the material before it gets to the stone roller . hope this helps

NHD

Part of the problem is uneven feeding w_bunching occuring in the platform and when the bunch finally goes in it trips the stone trap. This is cured by having a full fingered auger in the platform as in the newer headers or going to a draper header.It is difficult to do a good job of threshing and or seperating when you have uneven feeding. True the front drum needs to be low enough to get a hold on the mass coming in.The stone roll needs to be high enough to avoid a bunch tripping the door, but low enough to keep a rock from getting by and into the rotors. A difficult setting if the grain is not feeding in evenly. The spring on the stone trap latch may be too loose. If you have an electronic stone trap try unhocking that part of the mechanism. On several of mine the electronic sensor didn't last very long. Be sure the trap door is flush with the feederhose floor or just a bit higher. All of the things on the other posts can effect it too, so just keep working at it.The comment about the CR's does not sound logical to me. The CR I had this season was very reliable with it's bottom and top sensors and a door that drops down between the chain. The feederhouse stops immediately when a hard object hits the sensor.Good luck!!

TR

If you have an electronic stone trap, I have had problems on my TR 96 also. In high yielding corn with the sensitivity on low it still wants to open up. I've found that the control box where you set the sensitivity goes bad because it is mounted directly to the side of the feeder house and it gets vibrated to death. Try a new box (matched set with the sensor in the feeder floor) which is very expensive but when you mount the box back on the feeder, use some rubber washers or bushings and that will help extend the life of the control box, I believe there was a service bulletin on this, ask your dealer. just a suggestion

JiminSD

Thanks for the ideas. We will try a few things and see if the problem can be solved. It is an electronic trap