Combines cr940

Ilnewholland

John, yes the CR's are made in Grand Island along with the CIH 8010. They may be making 7 a day now, but they don't run the plant all year on just New Holland. They will have to change over at some time for the CIH 2300's so they may be making these combines for up aheadIJ I think they run CR's for some of the time and then will run the CIH 8010 in April or so. If your dealer don't sell his CR I sure some other dealer will for him. They haven't been setting around very much the past year. Ilnh

weldfixer

Thanks for the reply I guess that makes sense, I did,nt realize that the Case IH was made in the same plant, I still don,t see how guys can aford those machines JOHN

CNHTEK

The other thing is there are a lot of dealer out there that sell amazing quantities of CR combines. Farm World Equipment for example, sold at least 20 new units this year alone.

scooter

I have a first year 920. NH had several updates the last two years. I would be sure they were done. Other than that, I have not really had any problems good luck

JHEnt

There have been a number of upgrades along the way. So far all CR's are supposed to have been brought up to current production specs. Have your dealer look up the serial number and tell you what campaigns have had warranty claims filed for on it. Going back to first year serial numbers around HAJ100060 and below. The hydrostat pump and drive motor should have been replaced. Sauer-Danfoss manufactured them wrong. There was a update that included some reinforcing for the outersheetmetal to prevent cracking and the feederhouse drum was changed to one that used bering flanges with 6 mounting bolts instead of 3 per side. Some others that I can think of, electric screwjack for the SlS should have been changed on older ones. There was a chopper update that added some spreader fins and a false floor in the chopper. This floor closed the gap between the ends of the hammers and the floor to allow a wider spread. There was a program to install the infeed roll in the choppers. This is a rubber covered roll that sits at the front of the chopper. Basically green stems_straw could fall short of the chopper rotor and cause plugging. The roll spins the straw into the chopper. Tis was always standard on TR choppers but somebody decided to makethis an option on CR's at first. Now it is standard. In the last year for later machines they had a replacement rotor drive belt. The new one is made with no splice in the rubber. The originol is melted together somehow. Anyway they had trouble with the spliced belts coming apart. I think we can thank goodyear for that belt. Also they should have replaced the injector lines with a complete new set. They added a vibration clamp on the tubes. And there was an engine software update. You shuld have engine software set 82023013. If you have an older data set the engine will not get full rated power. There could have been a few more specific updates depending on the serial number of the combine. Also the dealer who sold it may or may not have been updateing the main computer software. For the most part the newer versions make the operation much more user friendly. You might want to think about having it upgraded by your closest daler. It doesn't take long to download the software. like I said NH has spent alot of money to update all of the CR machines along the way.