Combines TR 98 feederchain

WTW

The only time I have had any trouble with this is in poor corn and the feederchain was too slack. Once the chain was tensioned properly I have not had this occur again. I recently changed the sprockets on the top shaft with loewen sprockets and these have timing marks that are suppose to be in alignment when installed. I don't know if factory sprockets have these marks or whether the three sprockets are always in time. The only other thing I could think of is that the top shaft is twisted.

Ilnewholland

Is this in cornIJ I had that happen a few years back on my TR98 also. That year we had bad corn(35 bpa) and very small ears. The small ears would get under the sprockets and jump the chain. Must of did it 25 times that year. Best thing is to really keep the chain tight. I got really good at puting the chain back inline that year. I used a 3_4" deep well scocket and a plastic tie through it and around the chain that you want to jump and used the hyd reverser to move the chain. You would have to get the chain loose on the side you are jumping. Also found out that year that if you can slow the feeder speed down and also your rotor speed down as much as you can it seemed not to jump as often. Good luck and hope this helps.

yellowman

Thanks for answering so guick! He is harvesting oats.Tryed just about everthing you could imagine today and it keeps jumping a cog.Today when he loosed the feederchain to straighten it and turned it by hand it fell back into place itself.Replaced the bottom drum,top sprockets,feederchain.Today he put in a new top shaft so we'll see tomorrow if it works.

Ilnewholland

Not sure why it is jumping. It should not do that in oats. Is both sides of the chain thightner running the sameIJ Sounds like something is out of line. Sorry not be of much help. Hope he gets it fixxed soon.

trking

go to your local NH dealer and look at service bulletin 5_98-h2 talks about chain jumping in heavy load conditions