Combines secret to a 2020

Ilnewholland

Tony, I run a 73c on my TR99. It is almost like your 2020 so I may be of some helpIJ What seems to be the problemIJ Do the 8010's have a adjustable feeder face on themIJ What kind of knife do you have(1.5" or 3")IJ Ilnh

farmert

yes the 8010 has a adjustable face I run it 10 degrees ahead and I have 3 inch cut it does pretty well but won't cut quite as clean as a 1020 thanks

Ilnewholland

It should cut as good as any other head. Few things I would check would be if the speed of the head is fast enough. You could angle the head down some more but after to much you will dig dirt. Your biggest problem may be that with a 8010 and only a 30' head is speed. They will only cut so fast. I think when I get my new CR960 in a few years I am getting a 36' flex draper head. I have a neighbor that has two 8010's with the flex draper and they seem to cut as good as any flex head. You can see a picture of a flex draper in my post down below of my FPS pictures.

JHEnt

You might have figured this out by now but the head needs to run fast for the correct knife speed. On a CR this is at the max 380-400 feeder rpm. If the beans have any hight it should shave the ground. Short beans it might try to push over if you run too fast of groundspeed.