Combines Anyone have an NH 20 foot header w pu reels for saleIJIJ

Boss_Man

I should have been more specific. I am looking for a model NH 970 header. Got a phone call from a guy with a 973 header. I will check with NH dealer to see if I can make a 973 model work on a TR70. I have my doubts. ....If anyone knows for sure then let me know.

Nemotr

I'm the guy on the phone. The face plate will matchup as we are running a 962 cornhead originally used on a 70 on an 86 and a 98. Bottom anchors would need some fabrication. As you have acknowledged the drive would have to be modified either on the head or on the throat. Probably a newer style used throat with bottom drive would be the most desirable way to go. As another poster stated the hydraulic reel drive would probably be a pricey to get to work on the 70. The 20' 973 I was telling you about does have hydraulic drive reel and single left hand driveshaft. This is a terrian tracer head but think it could be hooked up so just the up and down would work with the older combines. I roughly checked the mileage to the Canadian border in nwND from my location----- about 1200 mi. You did state you could drive a certain distanceIJIJIJ------ (-:)-

Nemotr

Do you have the names_addresses of dealers in AlbertaIJ They seem to be the main listers on dtn's "iron connection". I would like to sell you my head but you can surely find what you are looking for a lot closer to you. Even though they may not list what you are looking for I would call them and ask. Especially the toll free n"s

Boss_Man

To the guy I talked on the phone too about 973 header.... Hi. I would have to drive from Alberta all the way to Winnipeg before turning south and going another 1300 miles. That's about 2000 miles.. It's just too far for me. The farthest I would go for a header is probably Winnipeg. I know there are a number of 973 headers throughout western Canada and probably some in montana. A draper header would be ideal for some of the crop conditions I have to contend with. Will have to see what I can find closer to home.