Combines Stopper Rotor

JHEnt

My first thought is that the right side rotor gearbox went out. If you have a 2 speed then it might be in the shift mechanism. Either way if everything looks allright from the outside then you will likely need to pull that gearbox.

Nemotr

When our 98 did that in beans last year the rotor belt wasn't tensioned right. Somthing about hydraulic tensioner leaking off.Had to clean it out then ran the speed up then reset and all was well. Hope it can be somthing simple_cheap like that for you.

WTW

600 rpm is way too fast for black beans! If you have not been running close to the bottom of the speed range before or in a long time the torque sensing hub could have a lot of dirt in it or the cams could be worn so that it does not work properly.

cnhtek

My first thought would be that the torque sensor spring and ramps may be wearing or sticking. If the ramps wear too far or this spring gets compressed it woun't grab the belt hard enough to hold rotor speed. If you have a 2 speed gearbox check to make sure it shift solidly into gear and stays there.

AGCOfan

Have no choice. Doesn't have a too speed rotor. Guy in the area has a TR70 and runs his rotors at 600 and will produce some of the nicest looking beans you will ever see. Take care, Nathan

AGCOfan

Nope not a 2 speed. Funny thing is you can turn the body on and watch every thing work fine on the side. Belts turning and everything. Then go to the front and under the cab you can clearly see that the rotors arn't turning. Sproket doesn't even turn. I hope it's not the gear box. Only good thing is we could then get the 2-speed. Take care, Nathan

AGCOfan

We were running the rotor too low that under load it went to 570 and that was too low for the belt to hold. So we upped it to 620 and under load went down to 600 and held there. Till about 7pm when it blew on me and wrapped around the pulley and the next pulley and about everywhere else. I managed to get a picture of it. Boss wasn't all that mad. He just wanted the truck filled but only got 300bu on or so. 2-speed rotor would be nice. Biggest problem around the headlands was alot of green in the bin. Beans are ready but every once in a while theres a green pod that gets into the bin. Spilts were very low. No beans on the ground. Once we went into the middle of the field, slipts were high and sample cleaner. But can't close the sieves any more or the beans won't even be able to fit through. They were running 18% at noon and 16.4 at 5. Take care, Nathan

ozrotors

Have you checked the double chain drive at the top of the rotors they attach the gearbox to the rotors.

AGCOfan

Didn't need to. Belt wasn't catching enough to make rotor turn. I ended up blowing it later that day. It's getting a really clean sample with very little laying on the ground but splits are high. Too high. We have the rotor set at 11 and I wanna go higher but boss sais no. Ohwell. Take care, Nathan