Combines 86 98 lift capacity

john_holland

I assume you are talking flex heads, Our 86 lifts our 973 22ft flex no problem with no mods, you may need to adjust something or fix something

john_holland

I assume you are talking flex heads, Our 86 lifts our 973 22ft flex no problem with no mods, you may need to adjust something or fix something

Nemotr

This is 73c flex but would think the wieght would be very close to the same. Was wondering if some have larger diameter lift cylinders as I think the ones on the 98 are larger. Will check tomorrow. Do you know what diameter yours areIJ

Shane_IN

Yes there are two different lift cylinder sizes. Our 86 has the small ones and it lifts a 20' 973 easily and a 6rn easily but it will not lift an 8rn header. I do know you can add a third lift cylinder and there should be ancors on the machine and throat for it and I have been told you can swap to the larger cylinders but not sure if you have to change any hydraulic settings. I assume not but when you assume you make a you know what out of you and me.

cnhtek

I have seen many TR 98's with 30' and 36' honeybee headers on them. SO it should have no problem lifting any other header. As for increasing lifting capacity, there may be a larger bore cylinder available, or you can add a third lift cylinder, even a fourth lift cylinder. Kind of like you would see on a TX combine. All you need is a longer mounting pin and some spacers, then T into the pressure line.