Combines Iveco engine

JHEnt

I'm not cnhtek, but maybe this will answer your question. Fuel deliver rates are calculated on all engine sensor readings. Any sensor reading will effect the equation the controller uses to meter fuel. The engine will have full power availible up to any of these sensor readings: coolant temp 215 degrees F, boost temp 148 degrees F, boost pressure 36 psi. So the engine will go to 100% fuel metering if the load requires it up to those sensor readings. But fuel delivery is a variable equation. Reading 10 psi boost pressure will mean the engine will only allow enough fuel to be metered to match that quanity of air intake. If the sensor is unplugged then the controller should register a fault. It will then use a preset value for that missing sensor reading just like any fuel injected automotive engine does. It may run but it will not get both power and fuel economy. One thing about these engines is that the engine controller faults do not seem to appear on the infoview screen in the cab, and that often the specific engine diagnostic software is needed to see them. That is the way the 7.5l genesis engine controller is.

cnhtek

I totally agree with JHEnt. the Iveco's opperate in much the same way that the 7.5l Genesis engine does, it just has more of the sensors on the engine. Odds are the sensor is faulty, but you can't really be sure without the specific diagnostic software.

JHEnt

What's your in field experience with the Iveco CR's been like. The reason I'm asking is that the one CR960 we have out seems to have less power than a CR940 does. The 960 hits the 110% engine load and drops off, and in the past with similar field conditions a 940 was running a good 2.5 mph faster all else being pretty much equal.