Combines gallons of diesel acre in soybeansIJ

JHEnt

Mine uses around 35-40 gal to 25 acres running 16 foot head. My ground speed is limited to about 3.5 mph by my green header on my yellow combine. The Deere head cannot be run above 1_4 feeder speed. This matches the driveshaft speed of the NH combine to what a deere combine used. Driving at 4 mph it tends to push beans over some and has a habit of pushing dirt on the outer skid shoes. My separator losses are minimal at these speeds.

nemotr

You ask below about my 20' 973. You probably need it and get that combine color matched. Yellow isn't good at following green. Green holds it back too much. I might be able to get it delivered within 300 mi. for $2500 (head and delivery). If interested post back and tell me how far you are from Hannibal Mo.

Ilnewholland

That seems like a lot of fuel. My TR99 has a 30' flex and I run 4-4.5 mph in 50 bpa beans on a little less than a gallon, about .85 to .9 gallons per acre. If I have to use 4wd then it will use over a gallon per acre. Also seems to run on the B11 fuel better.

AAPIII

TR99, 30ft flex about the same yield and mph 0.5-0.7 gallons per acre, will go up in tough conditions.

JHEnt

I'm in Baldwin, Il. About 45 miles south of St. louis. Does your head have all stainless flex platesIJ Does it have a teardrop reel or wood batsIJ Also does it have long dividersIJ

nemotr

Yes to all stainless plates. We installed the full kit from NH 3or 4 years ago. Has the teardrop with the plastic fingers cut back to around 5". It has the long dividers. 1 1_2" cut. Hydraulic reel drive. Needs about 50 reel fingers, short divider repair, and possibly an auger finger or 2. I plan to fix all of these but can adjust price for as is.

Boss_Man

IThat's pretty rough fuel economy. Thought my TR70 with 3208 CAT (168 H.P.) was hard on fuel but now I guess not. Can cut 70 acres of 40+ bushel durum wheat on 66 gallons of diesel with 22 foot header. About a gallon_acre. ....farm in southern Alberta.

ferge

If U guys were driving an old 6 cylinder MF 860 with a Perkins, U would be talking in terms of acres_gallon!!!!