Combines Missing a rotor finger after the rasp bars what to doIJ

AGCOfan

We found one missing in the TR88 at work this summer. The threads were messed up so we got lucky and re threated and put the new one in. The very same style as all the rest. The others are worn and smaller then the new one but we have no vibration. I can only run 2.0-2.6 in 55bu beans with an 18ft with air reel. How can you run that fastIJ What is your rotor set atIJ Take care, Nathan

l

Hi Nathan... I run my rotors faster than normal I guess (700-1000 and faster at night sometimes). My fan is at 900-1000, concaves opened up to like 6-9 with a roller kit on the first two wires completely filled up and then 4 rollers per wire until the last third of the concave where there are no rollers and every other wire out. This setup works pretty well with no real seperator losses and minimal header loss in average conditions. There is a fixed round hole chaffer from Harvest Services and the middle sized bottom chaffer open not quite half way. If there are to many pods then I shut it down until happy with the sample. If the stems are rope like and still kinda green or laying down I can only get like 2.8-3.0mph max, but if they are picket fence like and standing tall and bone dry then I can make time in them. Any faster than 4mph in good standing beans and the knife starts to push the stalks over before it cuts them clean. Crop average here is like 39-42 bushels in the better years. let me know what you think of the setup.... Thanks Nathan. lA

AGCOfan

Ya your running alot less yield then here. I do like the set up though. We just put round bar concaves in before black beans. Man are they nice and no more messing around with those wires. Only thing is we have to take them out to do wheat. I'm running the rotor at 750. It's working just fine. We have some hills which make me slow down. Take care, Nathan