Combines MacDon or HoneyBeeIJ

NHD

I prefer the HoneyBee, maybe it's because I've owned a 94C 30' HoneyBee for three years. I used it two years on a CR940 and this past year on a TR-99. I love it. It has the SCH sickle and the good German sckle drive as well as the pickup reel that sweeps the grain into the head. I intended to try it in soybeans this fall,but it didn't work out. The HoneyBee rep sent me the info about how to set it up for beans, I just never got time to get out to Ks. to bring it home to Il. A friend of mine in Ne. demo'd a MacDon 36' flex draper last year on his CR940 in hilly ground. This year he bought a MacDon NH 30' and loves it. I know the price is way to high, but! You can save beans and get more capacity, mostly because of even feeding. I have had no trouble at all with mine. I may not going out west on the harvest run with the TR-99 next year so I might consider selling mine. It's at the NH dealer in Ellsworth Ks.

deadeye

Run 1 of each and we are going to try and trade the macdon on another honeybee. We have them on 2388. Both work well just like the way the honeybee shves the ground in peas.

JD

Thanks guys for the replies! deadeye, if you neglect to look at how close the HoneyBee out shaves the MacDon, what other differences grab your attention if anyIJ JD

northern

Which MacDon model are you running. I understand the 972 will cut closer to the ground vs. the 962 model