Combines CR opertors survey

spiff

I do not know to much about the CRs, but I did demo a CR 960. I liked the unit very much. The thing that puzzled me was that in the two weeks that I talked to diffrent people about the CRs There has been 5 units this season that have had rocks go through them,I have been running axial-flows since 1984 till present and the only thing I have ever put through the machine is a feeder chain lat never ever a rock. Any way just my 2 cents. The 960 did not have a power problem.

JHEnt

Here's my observations The CR960 with 30' head could run about 4.5mph in soybeans at 95-100% load. Any heavy spot or slug and the load would jump up close to 110%. Over 110% you had to drop ground speed to almost a stop untill the slug of material cleared the rotors. If you didn't see the screen or happen to hear the machine slow down you had about 5 seconds before the engine died. Then you spend a while unplugging the rotors to get going again. The engine did not have enough toque to pull thru any slug of beans and keep driving at a constant ground speed. The first CR940 was running with 25' header. Did not have the engine load up on the display. It would run around 5.5-6 mph at 90% engine load. Never realy pushed it harder than that. The second CR940 with 30' head in soybeans. Just rode along with it this last week. The beans were tall, 60 bu_acre down along the Mississippi river bottoms. The combine was runing 6.5 mph at 100% load. Just to try it we pushed it to 7 mph and over 110%. We actually cut beans at 115% engine load. The engine speed pulled down to 2000 rpm or just under that but held steady and it did not die. The combine is suppossed to run with the engine at 2100 rpm. Unless this CR960 is just a fluke, it seems to me that the IVECO engine does not have nearly enough torque at the rpm range that it is running at to keep a combine running.

JHEnt

I should have said with the first CR940 that we didn't have the engine load up on the display at first. later on we did and it was running about 90%.

en

run cr 970 with 36foot flex draper. in wheat it was under powerd in soys we cut at4.5mph 80%load 40bubeans we still have issues with the 970 but hopefully by next seson it will be ok

twin_spinner

just out of interest how many tons_per hour can you do realistically in wheat, as ihave been told that you need 42ft front to get machine to capacity.

en

we run a 36flex on 970 2.9mph 100+% engine load we leave 4-6 in stubble in wheat. i think 25or maybe 30 foot header would be perfect for us, unless we get 75 more hp.we are in nw mn lots of straw.

combineman

Our toughest beans this year were 6'4" tall, lodged of course ,green as can be,and were yielding 86 bushel to the acre. Running a 2004 CR 960 30' head 3.5 mph at 90% load without a problem.Very,very impressive.A green bean eating machine.

BIGHEAD

Anyone here running 42' HunniesIJ What do ya think of themIJ

JHEnt

For rocks to go thru them they must have had the stone trap sensitivity turned down low. Set at mid range I saw a small 2" road rock trip the stone trap.