Combines Need better combine but still have old aTR70 and it sucks a big one

AGCOfan

Ya but doesn't listening to Martin, Harper and layton talking about what they'll do for farmers if elected lift your spiritIJ I know it does for me. Just think, a priminister that when he gets elected, the first thing he'll do is put his guys to work on fixing CASE and all those wonderfull well thought out programs that keep us farming year after year. NOT REAllY. Can't really get mad at the American farmer for the subsidys, must be nice to have a government care about ya. Take care, Nathan

weber

It isnt just where you are at it is allover even here down in the states. Farming is a very poor way of life anymore you just have to love it and be able to find a niche way to make a living and be content or you need to get out. I live in Wyoming and with the current oil field boom going on right now our whole community is in a up roar land prices have soared to $2-3000 acre and no farmers are buying the land it is people involved in the oil field who are making $120000 a year as a laboror and doing it with no input costs or a degree.... It is a bad thing to see and one day it will catch up and bite everyone in the butt when a gallon of milk or a loaf of bread cost the general public $10..

jello

Don't go getting a puckered schphyncter(sp) dont ya know we are all ridin on easy st. since the announcement Dec 15 regarding duties. Gee I'm gettin rich, I think corn is now a whopping $112 tonne. Gonna afford the CR soon, cause if I dont do it now I wont have enough equity to buya box of Kraft dinner fore' long! Cheer up we got a new year and one more try to grow a crop nobody appreciates. Jello

Big_Al

Mr. Bossman you are right the goverment of this country does not care about us farmers never have never will. Two things have to happen before Ottawa even will admitt there is a problem the first thing is the Monsanto's the Dekalb's the Agrium's and most any other company that sells a product to farmers starts losing money, real big money I am talking in the hundres of millions possibly bilions they will lobby Ottawa hard grease the right palms and then the fed's will be forced to do something to help out the farmers of this country. The next thing that has to happen is milk has to go up to $20.00 a gallon and bread at $10.00 a loaf $75.00 for a case of beer and $25.00 for a pound of beef. Then the fed's would hear the entire country screaming yes even the people in Quebec and Ontario and then they would listen. The real sad part is that if these two scenerios come to pass the only farms that may be left will be huge corprate farms. As farmers we could send a message to the grain compaines, machinery companies and chemical and fuel companies. All we would have to do is for one year no farmer in North America buy a Monsanto product still use chemicals but buy what you need from a different company. The same thing with the machinery companies the first year no one buys any equipment from a John Deere Dealer if you need parts try OEM parts or if need be buy parts from a Deere dealer the next year don't buy any CNH products. I feel these companies would be on Ottawa's case in short order to get the Ag economy turned around. Just picture it Monsanto doesn't sell any of thier product in North America for a year same thing with Deere no new or used equipment sales for a year and the next year you could arrange to boycott another sector in agriculture. In theroy this would work but I am sure everyone out there knows that old joke about the difference between theory and reality. If you read this to the end thank you for listening to my rant I will now get off my soap box.

FARKlE

Sorry Big Al but the only place the money would go would be to the companies crying wolf, not the farmer. Just look what kind of funds get funneled to the Auto Industry, that tells the story there, farmers can stand united but fact is fact we are only about 1.5% of the population feeding Ottawa cronies with steak. Then there is the rest of the country getting overfed for cheap. Not our fault just plain dumb direction of funds from the government and no one left there we can believe or trust.