Combines CASE IH ARCUS 2500

DGJ

The Arcus never really made it into production, It had twin axial rotors mounted in where the feeder would be and seperation of the grain and chaff was by two layers of sieves i think it had front wheel steer. Originally designed by Forschritt or bonhill and bought by Case. From what i've been told it had good output when it was going but was pretty unreliable and seemed to have some problems. Profi magazine had a article about it maybe a couple of years ago you could try getting a back issue of that for more info. If someone had pictures of the stillborn CaseIH combine with the central unloading auger they would be interesting!!

Red_Painter

I'm not sure how detailed of a picture you're talking about. There is a picture on this site. Go below the Cat site and click on "Many combine brands from around the World" It's on the second last row. It is the second last picture going from left to right. The combine is colored blue and white, the colors before CIH bought the company.

Red_Painter

Just noticed. The Case IH model of the Arcus is right above the blue model on " Combine brands around the World" section on this site (toward the bottom of the page).

Cutter

The Arcus was originally invented (circa mid-80's) by a plant biologist_pathologist named Dr. Hege, known for the invention and mfg. of innovative plot combines and planters, in the South (Bavaria region) of Germany. The Arcus was later manufactured by MDW in Dresden, Germany prior to and after being purchased by CaseIH. It truely was an innovative machine with a huge appetite for small grains and wasn't too bad in corn either (it made it to the states). Threshing was performed in the feederhouse by two twin axial rotors that conformed to the movements and pitch of the feederhouse. Grain was then conveyed to a twin level (but separate) cleaning shoe by four augers (two to the top shoe and two to the bottom shoe) where the grain would cascade through for efficient cleaning. Then, CIH decided to overthrow the designer_product manager, committing corporate mutiny, forcing him out so to try there hand at expanding on innovation. Unfortunately, they were not successful and brought it to is knees (couldn't leave well enough alone). This ultimately brought about the Arcus' demise. Only about 2 dozen red ones were produced, ultimately to be pulled back to the MDW factory for rework and never moved, as far as I know. There are however, a few blue ones still operating and operating very well. Amazing what amature ingenuity and innovation can do! Really makes the corporate world jealous, especially when they spend millions to result in a flop.

NH_Frank

Hi there. We have 2 Case Arcus 2500, mod. 1998, 300hrs, 7,80m headers for sale. They look very good and are in a good technical condition. Afaik there are only 4 ARCUS running in europe. Frank

mitch

Tank you for your explications. if anyone have fotos of the inside, rotors,cab, motor, it's could be interresting.

4WDman

I am trading sale literature with a few people over seas. The CaseIH Arcus 2500 literature is in the group. When I get it, I will down load the pictures in the literature and email them to you. Shows the inside of the combine and cab. Steve

patrick

Hi frank.
What ever happened to the two arcus combines. I had mdw combines from the same era is their any fotage of them working