Combines IJIJIJIJ for TX 68 about TX 66 and heads

tx68

I just got a dealer training manual of ebay for the tx model year 1996. There is alot of info in there on using these heads with this machine. These heads were not the ones that were used in europe so there is some modifications to do. It took the dealer a couple years to get it all sorted out. Ours came with the same heads you are using and there is no adaptor plates to make them work. The feeder housing is much wider than the tr so the back had plates to remove to make the opening in the head the proper width to match the tx feeder housing. Some flighting is removed from the auger so the material is not all fed to the center. There are some hydraulic couplers that need changed. On the grain head the two shafts that go under the skid plates to the header hight switches need welded together in the middle and one of the header hight lift sensor switches needs the wires unhooked to it. The Tx cant deal with getting the extra signals. Have not been around any TRs so I dont know if the header drive shafts will line up on each side. In beans the older models before 97 or 98 had no way to adjust the tilt of the head on the feeder housing so if you are cutting soys the knife guards will be at least 2 inches off the ground like ours is. It leaves some beans in some conditions but it is hard to pick up rocks. The sonic hight control is not very useful for us because all our land is very flat. The dealer never really got it to work properly and by the time they may have figured it out one of our sensors got fried by a bad alternator and i never bothered getting it changed. The stubble hight mode is fine for wheat for us any way. There was some kind of update that had a Kevlar belt and different shive for the thrasher drive that we somehow missed out on. I guess we did not complain enough about the cylinder belt slipping and generally being kind of wimpy for handling slugs. We put high inertia bars on the cylinder and that helped out very much. We have not had too many problems with it that actually stoped any harvesting. Most things can be patched up till a proper fix can be made. The grain quality is excellent. If you post your email I can send you some scans next week if I find any thing in all this literature that may be relevent to the headers.

newholland06

HI 68, That is what I figured....I went and got my 973 (98 model) and 996 (98 model as well) from the combine and saw that you need to remove those feederhouse inserts to make the opening bigger and change how the pins get oriented for attaching the head at the bottom of feederhouse. My concern was the electrical primarily... email is newholland06@yahoo.ca if you include your n in the email i will call you this weekend and pick your brain. Thanks for the response, NH06